Hotels in Venice

What is your favorite hotel near St. Mark's Square in Venice and why? We are going this July and looking for a hotel. Thanks.

**For those who suggest I do a search under "Venice Hotels" in these forums, I did just didn't find much.

If you are paying for it, a suite at the Bauer would do nicely, but their boutique hotel, BAUER Il Palazzo next door is even better. Why? Fantastic location if you want to be in S. Macro, right on the Grand Canal. Good service, lovely rooms, great restaurant (which will cost you as much per person as a night in a decent hotel).

Thanks. Where is it located? Is it on the mainland near St. Mark's Square? YES, we are paying our own bill.

You misinterpreted. I was suggesting that you pay for ME. :)

Yes it is next to S. Marco. This is not the mainland, btw. It is on the same island as S. Marco, not across the cannel.

Based on reviews on these boards, we chose Ai Due Principi--about a 5 minute walk to San Marco, and about 3 minutes to the San Zaccharia vaporetto stop. A newly redone palazzo with beautiful decor, a great location along a small canal, incredible bathroom twice the size of mine at home, and fairly reasonable (for Venice). Probably 1/3 the price of the Bauer! I'd suggest checking it out on line.

Cathy

What is your favorite hotel near St. Mark's Square in Venice and why? We are going this July and looking for a hotel. Thanks.

**For those who suggest I do a search under "Venice Hotels" in these forums, I did just didn't find much.

I/We may not know what you know? Roundtrip Venice, embarkation at Venice or Debarkation? Arrival and departure times (Marco Polo), days at hotel? Do you have access to a map of Venice and do you know what you want to see or do? Is $$$ an issue? Do you care if your room for two runs $800/night?

You could start with "MapEasy's Guidemap To Venice" that details the location of various hotels and you can reference TripAdvisor for location, pictures, and can read visiter reviews. Useful to get a handle on transportation logistics as well. Options from cruise port, options to airport, etc.

Good luck in developing your information base,

David

We stay at this hotel last year. The price is from last year, so you will have to check the current rate. We found it very nice and the price included breakfast.

Located near the Grand Canal, the Capri Hotel-$252.00 is just a few minutes walk from all terminals. The hotel boasts a cosy lounge and a breakfast room. It's near a shopping and historical centres. All of the guest rooms are comfortable and nicely equipped to give a feeling of being home while away from home. The hotel also has a variety of facilities and services that are sure to meet the need of both business and leisure travellers. A first-class hotel, the Capri Hotel's rooms are equipped with safe, telephone and minibar. Hotel facilities include 24-hour room service, safe deposit boxes, babysitting service, multilingual staff and concierge. It is within walking distance of the Grand Canal. San Marco: 20 minutes by Vaparetto Typical and renowned restaurants in the area.

Scarlet

We stay at this hotel last year. The price is from last year, so you will have to check the current rate. We found it very nice and the price included breakfast.

Located near the Grand Canal, the Capri Hotel-$252.00 is just a few minutes walk from all terminals. The hotel boasts a cosy lounge and a breakfast room. It's near a shopping and historical centres. All of the guest rooms are comfortable and nicely equipped to give a feeling of being home while away from home. The hotel also has a variety of facilities and services that are sure to meet the need of both business and leisure travellers. A first-class hotel, the Capri Hotel's rooms are equipped with safe, telephone and minibar. Hotel facilities include 24-hour room service, safe deposit boxes, babysitting service, multilingual staff and concierge. It is within walking distance of the Grand Canal. San Marco: 20 minutes by Vaparetto Typical and renowned restaurants in the area.

Scarlet

Do you work for our own the Capri? has to be one or the other.

No! I live in Georgia! We cruised on MSC Musica in May 2008! Stayed overnight in Venice because of the time of docking and our flight out! I copied the info on the hotel from the email our travel agent sent to us. She suggested 3 hotels and we chose the Capri. Found it a lovely hotel. I was just trying to be helpful. Sorry if you took it the wrong way!

Scarlet

Highly reccomend Locanda Orseolo. Small family run (15 rooms) Highlight of our stay in Venice. Just a couple of minutes from San Marco. Tehy even have a water taxi window.

Awesome breakfast too.

The people there are amazing!

We were in Venice last summer and stayed at the Hotel Campiello which is located off of St Marks Square, the stay included breakfast. The hotel was really nice, clean and very conveniently located close to the vaporetto. We stayed in a room for 3, one double and a single bed. I highly recommend it.

We'ne just booked the Gabreilli Sandwerth because it is so close to San Marco, has views over the lagoon, is a converted 14th century palazzo and has a roof top terrace bar with views over venice. the reviews look good but as we've not stayed in it yet, cant say for sure

I can't say its my favorite as I've only stayed at ONE in my whole life.

We stayed Gorizia la Valigia :http://www.hotelgoriziavenezia.it/

It was minutes from Rialto and the same from St. Marks. Had rooms that sleeped 3 and 4, we booked 4 rooms there this summer and were happy with the condition, convenience, and price. Not 5 star, but just right, with yummy breakfast in the morning.

If I ever had the opporutunity to visit again this would be my first choice, as I had no complaints, unless I was to upgrade to the 5 stars right off St Marks or the Grand Canal.

Last time we where in Venice, 1993, we stayed at the Hotel Daneli.Great hotel very expensive then and now.

For our July 26th pre cruise we are staying at The Hilton Molino Stucky on the Island of Giudecca.A boat ride across the canel to St. Marks.The main reason is it is a Hilton and the only Hilton in Venice.We are able to use our AMEX miles for 3 nights.So the price was right.

Best Western Hotel Monte Carlo = seconds from St Marks Square & they will meet you at airport with private water taxi if you want them to. Check Best Western site - a beautiful, comfortable hotel which won't break the bank at all!

Archived