New to Cruising - Boudicca 9th April 09

motorcar48

2nd day would be fine. ? captains welcome party day.

Looking at itenary do not count flying day or sailaway day

1st day barbados

on previous cruises, party has been on this day at 5.45pm

on 2nd day at st lucia

3rd day expect it to be caribbean night/ party night on deck

I still have the daily ships programmes from our oct cruise if anybody needs help.

We are also 1st sitting down as 4 seasons rest on our cruises section but maitre d could change it before

steve

Captain's party is normally 2nd day - dare say we will have the life boat drill some time that afternoon as well, after we are on board and before we sail. If we are ll on 1st sitting shall we meet in the observatory for say 5.30 or something, then we can make the decision to stay or go en-mass to the welcome party

Steve& Jan

Captain's party is normally 2nd day - dare say we will have the life boat drill some time that afternoon as well, after we are on board and before we sail. If we are ll on 1st sitting shall we meet in the observatory for say 5.30 or something, then we can make the decision to stay or go en-mass to the welcome party

Steve& Jan

Sounds good, but I'm a bit confused now (very easily done:D). Are we saying day 2 is Friday when we are in Barbados or Saturday when we are in St Lucia?

Sounds good, but I'm a bit confused now (very easily done:D). Are we saying day 2 is Friday when we are in Barbados or Saturday when we are in St Lucia?

I was classing 2nd day when we are in Barbados, sailing away in the afternoon, if thats OK with everyone

Without hunting out the tickets (no not lost them) I have veen told it is 10.20 or 10.30, in that region - where are you flying from and what's your flight time?

Steve & Jan

were from stanstead dep 9.45 approx arrives 2pm their time

The last time we did we did the Caribbean, every trip we were reminded that it was liquid sunshine - we are following this time, by not doing so many trips, so we can not be told that

Can quite agree about the great cricket result! Roll on Thursday :D

I get the feeling I am in the company of a thistle or a leek

David

Was checking out our paper work today and noticed that although the luggage allowance for the flight is 25kg each, if you are travelling home via National Express they have a 20kg allowance per piece of luggage. :(

Good job they won't be weighing me at the end of the cruise!

Was checking out our paper work today and noticed that although the luggage allowance for the flight is 25kg each, if you are travelling home via National Express they have a 20kg allowance per piece of luggage. :(

Always take another bit of luggage of 5kgs as well as your hand luggage of 5 kgs also. See you on Friday for a drink!

Don't know if it was from one of you or I read somewhere, there is a saying ' go on as a passenger come of as freight'.

Be interesting to weigh before and after

David

countdown.pl?name=&date=4-9-2009&image=Beach-2&text=Is%20it%20time%20to%20go%20yet&ship=Boudicca

I was classing 2nd day when we are in Barbados, sailing away in the afternoon, if thats OK with everyone

All

We are flying from Stanstead 09.45 Tom 615

Dinner - First Sitting 18.30, Four Seasons Restaurant

Have I got it right

Pre Dinner Drink - Friday evening 17.30 Observation Lounge

Look forward to meeting you all

David & Sheila

countdown.pl?name=&date=4-9-2009&image=Beach-2&text=Is%20it%20time%20to%20go%20yet&ship=Boudicca

Don't know if it was from one of you or I read somewhere, there is a saying ' go on as a passenger come of as freight'.

Be interesting to weigh before and after

David

NEVER WEIGH DURING OR AFTER A CRUISE - Just make sure you have larger sized clothing at home:D

All

Have I got it right

Pre Dinner Drink - Friday evening 17.30 Observation Lounge

Look forward to meeting you all

David & Sheila

That's what I was suggesting, Friday 17.30, hope the observation lounge is not that busy

Lounge should be ok as in the past most people seem to congregate around the neptune,s lounge for those expensive photo,s and to shake the capt,s hand. Once you have done it once , one hand is the same as another . on the last cruise you where not allowed to shake hands in case of (nowalk virus ). It was not there but just in case , he had gloves on and only did photo shots.

steve

Thanks for all the replies, and looks like we are all up for it, so as far as I can see there will be:

curlywurly - Sue & Phil

Motorcar48 - David & Sheila

Robbo 123 – Steve & Jan

Shecat – Steve

We have just been packing and done a first weigh in - think we may have to take a few things out - both cases just short of 25kg (on the ancient bathroom scales) - hope the taxi driver can lift them ok:)

lets guess whats on

thurs casual

fri capt party formal

sat semi formal

sun calypso party

mon sailaway party

tues casual

wed formal gala dinner

thurs casual

fri british night

sat semi formal

sun casual

mon semi formal

tues casual

wed chefs gala formal

thurs country and western

fri semi formal

sat leaving party midnight buffet formal

sunday ahh going home to egg and chips

steve and hilary

lets guess whats on

thurs casual

fri capt party formal

sat semi formal

sun calypso party

mon sailaway party

tues casual

wed formal gala dinner

thurs casual

fri british night

sat semi formal

sun casual

mon semi formal

tues casual

wed chefs gala formal

thurs country and western

fri semi formal

sat leaving party midnight buffet formal

sunday ahh going home to egg and chips

steve and hilary

Steve & Hilary

Will they have a formal night on the Saturday, thought our cases had to be outside our cabins Sat night.

Completed packing, weighed them, opened them up took some clothes out, weighed them again, completed sequence again, we are inside by grams, hope the scales are accurate.

Only two working days to go:D:D:D

David & Sheila

countdown.pl?name=&date=4-9-2009&image=Beach-2&text=Is%20it%20time%20to%20go%20yet&ship=Boudicca:D

On our trip last year the final nght was casual and night before that gala buffet. We only had one gala buffet in the two weeks. The theme nights were dotted throughout but the casuals were upfront and toward the second week most nghts were informal unless theme. We had three formal and the third was in the middle of the holiday on an odd night because the cafe had a theme night of it's own so not so many people joined in formal

That night. Just my two pennyworth . There may be more casual as you are going Caribbean, aren't you?

We have had our info

reads 4 formal , plus 3 themed nights ,rest are casual and semi formal

seems like this is going to be a bit more formal than the average cruise in that area , or is it just because its a translantic.

On our last one the farewell party was on the last night and we had to leave our cases to the last minute to put the dj in then put them out after midnight. It seems no cruise is ever the same.

I agree that formal,s are disappering in intrest , on the queen victoria last year, hardly anybody dressed up for the balls. and the formal,s were lacking in numbers, although people dressed up for dinner.

After the shows it was a case of either in the pub for a quiz then bed , nobody wanted to go to the ballroom.Mabye its a sign of the times and this is why cruises are becomming more freedom dinning and less formal.

steve

Steve & Hilary

Will they have a formal night on the Saturday, thought our cases had to be outside our cabins Sat night.

Completed packing, weighed them, opened them up took some clothes out, weighed them again, completed sequence again, we are inside by grams, hope the scales are accurate.

David & Sheila

countdown.pl?name=&date=4-9-2009&image=Beach-2&text=Is%20it%20time%20to%20go%20yet&ship=Boudicca:D

just finished ours.

first fly/cruise worried like mad about weight , went by cheapo airlines 15k each. after that said the hell with that, at least we have a laundry on , so we now always wash after the first 4/5 days saves bringing so much. Best tip mix and match.Its only about a £1 a machine and that inc soap/drying, ironing free.

As this is your first you must be getting excited, then you are hooked.

May see you airside , hilary should have wheelchair assistance and we hope to have breakfeast in witherspoons.

steve

Steve & Hilary

David & Sheila

We have only been on one FO cruise with a formal on the final night - may be a ruse to get everyone to bed early though!

Not too sure about the number of casual either, never been on that number, other than when we had a full 2 week cruise in the caribbean a few years ago. We are in the carribbean for 4 nights, plus a departure on the 5th night. I would think casual 1st night; Captains (formal) 2nd night, informal / casual 3rd; Hawaian night 4th or 5th (sail away night), then anyones guess from then on for the 6 nights across the Atalntic.

Only 3 more big sleeps to go, as someone said, and more or less sorted - that sounds ominous!:)

Hi steve which do you prefer black watch or boudicca

I have only been on the latter, have seen her sister ship in dock and have talked to people who stay loyal to her.

steve

Hi Steve, out of the two I prefer the Black Watch - more seating space available, the 'Watch' has a large seating area to wait before going into the restaurant, and more seating on the wet days when everyone wants to be inside at the same time.

As for service though, never an issue, both have been as good as one another

See you Friday (if not before and not knowing it)

Steve

Archived