Grand Cayman rerouted to Nassau - please help

happy1

It looks like the Enchantment will now be visiting Nassau instead of Grand Cayman on the 12/11 voyage. Checking the Nassau boards, there are very few posts. If anyone has tips on great places to snorkel, beaches, or other activities it would be appreciated.

I feel this port is very limited in things to do. Blackbeards Cay is nice but very crowded and as far as snorkling I do not know where they take you... There is good diving athough. Atlantis is nice to see (once) but they aren't very nice to cruise passengers (JMHO) and the table minimums are outrageous! The native people are "pushy" with their wares and are everwhere around the pier area. Hopefully more people will post some more, but when we go back in Oct. we will either dive or stay on the ship...

Thanks for the response. We were in Nassau years ago, and had similar feelings for this port. Needless to say, we were disappointed about the reroute to Nassau, as it doesn't compare to the Caymans, but are trying to make lemonade from lemons. If anyone has tips, advice, or must-do's, please post. We're not particularly interested in straw market or shopping, and I haven't seen much posted about good snorkeling with easy access to the shore.

I didn't find the natives pushy at all away from the port area. I greatly enjoyed just walking around the town, asked directions of the very friendly natives a couple of times, enjoyed the architecture and pastel painted buildings, and walked up the Queen's Staircase at Fort Fincastle. If you want to see this and the fort, just set your sights for the tower that you can see from the pier. That is the fort. I have no interest is seeing Atlantis, so Cable beach will be my choice for beaches next time. I found lots of info on the Bahamas board prior to my cruise to Nassau. Oh, and our tablemates just walked up to the British Colonial Hilton(you can see it from the pier) and used their beach. They were not asked to pay, but sometimes the hotel asks for $15 pp.

Archived