Diapers for a week!!!

beachbunni77

Okay mommies....I know this is a stupid question, but hey aren't we full of them. I will be traveling with my 3 1/2 year old who is not really fully potty trained yet. And I am thinking while on the ship he won't be interested in using the potty at all. Just wondering how many diapers people think I should bring. I have never really "counted" the amount I use in a week so no idea! Also should I run out (oh no) does anyone know if they do sell them on board? I can imagine if they do they would be really expensive!!!!!! Looking to see also if anyone has come around this problem also.....Thanks, Amanda:rolleyes:

Okay mommies....I know this is a stupid question, but hey aren't we full of them. I will be traveling with my 3 1/2 year old who is not really fully potty trained yet. And I am thinking while on the ship he won't be interested in using the potty at all. Just wondering how many diapers people think I should bring. I have never really "counted" the amount I use in a week so no idea! Also should I run out (oh no) does anyone know if they do sell them on board? I can imagine if they do they would be really expensive!!!!!! Looking to see also if anyone has come around this problem also.....Thanks, Amanda:rolleyes:

At 3 1/2 I would think he at least holds his pee for a certain amount of time and wears pull-ups. If so, I would think 4-5 diapers per day and thats including emergencies and then one for night time.

I would still have him use the potty when you can but be warned the toilet flushed LOUD so have him leave the bathroom before flushing!!!!

Also, why not hit a local store before boarding and pick up a package of diapers. Just bring them on in the grocery bag and pack what ever is left over.....Have fun!!!

I have a 2 year old who is potty training. This is what I am planning to do. 1 package of diapers and 1 package of pull ups. probably a package of 20 or less. I do agree with making the child go out of the room to flush. But I would not stop potty training while on the cruise. Very easy for children to to revert back to diapers.

Before I cruise, I keep track for a couple days of about how many diapers we're using a day, then multiply by the number of days and round up a couple days in case we have a problem. You do NOT want to run out on board - there's no guarantee they'll have any left of the size you need. Much better to go home with some. I either fill the outer pockets of our luggage with diapers (if we're flying) and if we're driving I just paste a luggage tag onto a box of diapers and have it sent to my cabin with our luggage.

Best,

Mia

Before I cruise' date=' I keep track for a couple days of about how many diapers we're using a day, then multiply by the number of days and round up a couple days in case we have a problem. You do NOT want to run out on board - there's no guarantee they'll have any left of the size you need. Much better to go home with some. I either fill the outer pockets of our luggage with diapers (if we're flying) and if we're driving I just [b']paste a luggage tag onto a box of diapers and have it sent to my cabin with our luggage.[/b]

Best,

Mia

Great idea! I think we can also do it on the plane, insidethe card box... :)

• 4 weeks later...

i brought 1 box the one you buy in costco for 2 weeks and i took them out of the box and put in inside my suitcase brought with me also disposable bottle & nipples and i have alot of free room after my vacation more rooms for my junk i collected on the way:p for my scrapbook his going to be 3 coming this summer.i'm taking him again to med and greece cruise this coming aug.

Our 2 year old was not out of diapers yet on our last cruise (we hope he is on our next!!) and we counted about 8 diapers a day and found the the package that matched it best. We left them in the original unopened package because they are really "squished" in, when opened, they expand a bit. We carried them in a shopping bag with our luggage and left any extras on board when we left (there weren't very many). On once cruise we bought them the last night of the cruise because we only had two left and they were expensive and not as good as our regular diapers. I have never seen this brand before, so be safe, you won't be bringing them all home. Have fun!

Yep count now and them bring extra! I'm new to cruising but when my daughter was still in diapers, I always used more when I traveled. I think it is the "here is a clean changing table so we are going to change the diaper whether we need it or not" syndrome. At home, I'm more lax I guess, lol.

Oddly, I seem to use fewer wipes when I travel, even though I use so many for wiping dirty hands, faces, resturant tables and high chairs. I always come home with a ton of wipes, and those are heavy! I guess it is harder to judge how many wipes you use at home, easier to count diapers.

Either way, better to bring them home than to run out, imo.

I'm thankful everyday my dd potty trained at 2, lol! I do take pullups when we travel, just in case. At home she has a waterproof matress pad, I never want to take any chances when we are away from such little luxuries. :)

Good luck and have a great trip! I bet your son will do great using the potty while you are on the cruise, so don't give up on potty training. Visiting new potties is always exciting when you are 3!

Archived