Private Island Beach Break?

CruiseLover824

Does anyone know why Carnival took this off the excursion list for Belize? I thought maybe they had just taken it off of our excursion list because they weren't pre-selling it anymore. But I looked on the general list of excursions, and its gone completely?!?!? That was what I was planning on doing in Belize.:confused:

Does anyone know why Carnival took this off the excursion list for Belize? I thought maybe they had just taken it off of our excursion list because they weren't pre-selling it anymore. But I looked on the general list of excursions, and its gone completely?!?!? That was what I was planning on doing in Belize.:confused:

That doesn't mean that it won't be on the excursion list once you get on the ship. I had that happen in Progresso just last month......

When is your cruise, CruiseLover? If it is still a few months away, it could be that Carnival is still renegotiating with the tour operators, which happens sometimes. Once they get that squared away, the excursion will be on the website again.

We did this on our Miracle cruise in March 2006 and had a very nice beach day. The nice thing about doing the excursion through Carnival is that the tour guides will pick you up directly off your ship and take you straight to the Island.....about a 30 minute boat ride. Then, they will drop you off either back at the ship or take you on in to the port after the excursion is over.

If you go with a private company, you have to tender to port, which is the opposite direction from the Island. Then, you have to take the boat ride to the Island, which probably would be more like 45 minutes from port.

Either way, it is a pretty nice beach with clean bathrooms and a decent little outdoor restaurant. Good luck! :)

Hmmm, I don't know why. I really enjoyed it a few years ago. Last year, I ended up going horseback riding through the jungle. That was also an awesome excursion. I have pictures of it in my Legend review. The lin's in my signature.

There is a thread about this excursion in the Belize section. Apparently, Carnival did not renew their contract with the tour operator, so it's been pulled. Anyone who pre-paid for this excursion is getting a refund. This was the excursion that we planned on taking in May on our Legend cruise:(

There is a thread about this excursion in the Belize section. Apparently, Carnival did not renew their contract with the tour operator, so it's been pulled. Anyone who pre-paid for this excursion is getting a refund. This was the excursion that we planned on taking in May on our Legend cruise:(

Well that stinks!:( Maybe they will re-negotiate a contract before our cruise---which is only 24 days away!!!

Archived