Weather in November???

PA8880

Hi All! I am trying out Princess for the first time hopefully this coming November. Wanted to know your thoughts on how the weather usually is this time of year?

Also, any feedback on Emerald Princess or Crown Princess ( those are the two ships I'm debating), I'd GREATLY greatly appreciate it.

I'M SORRY - FORGOT TO MENTION OUR DESTINATION! The caribbean!

We have sailed on the Emerald and I think it is my favorite ship. Haven't been on the Crown, so I can't comment on that. We have done 20 cruises, most with Princess and keep coming back for more. Is there anything specific you want to know?

Well officially November is still in hurricane season... albeit on the outer edge....so how lucky are you??:D

From Wikipedia:

"The 2008 Atlantic hurricane season was an event in the annual cycle of tropical cyclone formation. The season officially started on June 1 and ended on November 30"

We always sail in October, running into November and are thinking of the 10 day Ruby on November 4th this year. Haven't booked yet. We have a few times had to skip certain ports due to previous hurricane damage. But, we have never encountered skipping ports because a hurricane was on its way. We have sailed both the Emerald and the Crown. Both are sister ships, and are very beautiful. Great layouts and although over 3000 passengers, the ships never felt crowded. The weather can vary though. We have had days with all rain, but mostly just a few pop up showers. But, as previously posted, the humidity seemed lower and the temps not extremely hot. But, the water is just right. Not extremely warm or cold. On our last cruise, which was on the Crown, we experienced more rain than I think we ever encountered. But, not a total wash out. We still enjoyed all of the ports. Hope this helps. Ask any other questions you might have.

My first cruise was the first week of November 2001 and we left Miami just in time for a category 4 hurricane! The captain reversed our ports and kept us out of harms way but the ship was rocking.I swore I would never cruise again since I do suffer from motion sickness. That didn't last long(why let the motion get in the way) and the following two Novembers we went the same week and had perfect weather. Since then we have cruised different times of the year but are scheduled on the Emerald the first week of November this year. I will stay heavily medicated and we'll be fine..

We sailed the Ruby at the end of November 2008 and apart from one morning until around 12 oclock the weather was very good...though on that day we missed Grand Cayman despite fairly calm waters because the port people said it was too rough...we have pictures and video that prove otherwise!! so no idea what went on there....:confused:

We have booked the Ruby again this November but on the 14th and going to the Southern Caribbean this time 10 days.....:D

We are going on Emerald for Thanksgiving. Usually, the weather is awesome at that time. Only difference is that as was mentioned before, Grand Cayman may be missed due to bad weather. Eastern has awesome water esp. St Martin. In 2007 we were in St Thomas for Turkey day and had great weather even though it was really windy. Snorkling at St John was cancelled and it was swim at own risk with great huge waves

Anne

We have sailed several times in November in the Caribbean. It is the tail end of hurricane season so there is always a chance of that. The weather has generally been very good. Not too hot which is nice. We have run into rain here and there, but that is to be expected, but it never lasts that long. I would not hesitate to go again in November,

Our last sailing was on the Crown. Great ship. The Crown and Emerald are basically have the same layout. Emerald is newer. Both are modified grand class ships with MUTS, Crown Grill, International Cafe, wine bar, etc. We liked the modified grand class ships more than the original grand class (Grand, Golden, Star) as they layout seems nicer. The only down side is the the modified grand class carry 500 more people and we did not that at the buffet and a few shows.

We sailed the Ruby at the end of November 2008 and apart from one morning until around 12 oclock the weather was very good...though on that day we missed Grand Cayman despite fairly calm waters because the port people said it was too rough...we have pictures and video that prove otherwise!! so no idea what went on there....:confused:

We have booked the Ruby again this November but on the 14th and going to the Southern Caribbean this time 10 days.....:D

I will be joining you for the cruise. I can't wait

dorene

We have taken cruises the last four years in November, once on the Caribbean, once on the Crown and twice on the Emerald. The Crown and the Emerald are identical I believe. All three ships were terrific. The weather the past four years has been consistently sunny and in the 80's. We're cruising again this year out of San Juan so I'm hoping for five years straight of good weather! Good luck to you, too!

Hurricane season ends officially every year on december 01.Hurricane wilma hits us in ft.lauderdale 10/24/05.It was just as bad as hurricane wilma.

long cruiser

I am so glad someone brought this up. The worst storm/hurricane we have ever sailed in was Hurricane Michelle on November 4th (can't remember the year). It took me years to get the courage up to book another aft stateroom after sailing through that mess. I have sailed through rough seas and storms before, but I had never seen anything like that before. Half the pool furniture ended up going overboard even though it began the sailing tied down to keep this from happening, all elevators were shut down (and you sure couldn't take the stairs for fear you would roll down instead of walking). It was the one and only experience with the captain making and announcement that if you didn't have to leave your stateroom, you would be safer staying put right where you were. If you were hungry, order room service and they would deliver. Never heard an announcement like that before or since that cruise.

So, it shows that anytime you book a cruise during the offical hurricane season, always come prepared, just in case. (I had to borrow sea sick meds from our room steward, as I never packed them before that sailing. Needless to say, the poor kid was pea green for about 3 days). But he gladly shared his meds with me, as our face color totally matched during that cruise............we were both pea green. :(

Hurricane season ends officially every year on december 01.Hurricane wilma hits us in ft.lauderdale 10/24/05.It was just as bad as hurricane wilma.
Actually, Wilma was worse than Katrina (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2005_Atlantic_hurricane_season_storms) but didn't get nearly as much media attention because New Orleans was still getting almost all of it.

The weather in the Caribbean in November can be sunny, cloudy, rainy, lots of wind, no wind, high waves, no waves, hot, warm but not cold. You'll know more about three days before you cruise. Other than that, there's absolutely no way to predict what it'll be like.

Archived