Anyone Just Get Off Rhapsody Today?

honkes

Just wondering if anyone is just got off the Rhapsody today. Wondering if you went to Costa Maya and what in the world is there to do there except the ruins. I have a 9 year old, a 15 year old and a 40 year old that are probably NOT interested in the ruins...any suggestions?

Did anyone go to Ben and Jerry's? Was there a charge for it or the new coffee shop?:confused:

Just wondering if anyone is just got off the Rhapsody today. Wondering if you went to Costa Maya and what in the world is there to do there except the ruins. I have a 9 year old, a 15 year old and a 40 year old that are probably NOT interested in the ruins...any suggestions?

Did anyone go to Ben and Jerry's? Was there a charge for it or the new coffee shop?:confused:

We just got off the Rhapsody today. We did go to Costa Maya and went to Majahaul (sp). The weather was rainey but we had fun swimming. There is a long stretch of beach with lots of activities such as waverunners, parasailing, snorkling, banana boats....

Honkes, I see you have about a week before you sail. I am jealous. (We have 20 more days.) I have read that there is a charge for Ben and Jerry's and Seattle's Best Coffee.

I have read quite a bit about Costa Maya on the boards here for that destination. Nitrogen addict is a good source of info on that board. Please write bunches upon your return! I am soooo ready to leave!

Rhapsody Dec. 19-26 '04

Sailor Moon: Thanks so much for the information....do you have anything else to tell about Costa Maya? Is it pretty? From what I see it's not very "touristy" so it doesn't seem like there is much to do there. Is there a place to see monkeys? :confused:

Thanks in advance for any more info you might have!

txfirstcruiser: Yes, we are going next Sunday and I can't WAIT...already started packing. I hope that the week we are on the ship goes by as slow as this week is going to go by!

Sophie: We will see you in about a week!!!

It seemed just fine. It is an older ship but it is well kept up. We had a G/S and they had put in new carpet and bedspreads. There was still some refurbishing going on during our cruise -- new wood railing and painting. The coffee place and Ben & Jerry's was still not open. I really enjoy this ship and would sail it again in a heart beat!

We were in Costa Maya on 11/10/04 - we took the taxi bus to Majahaul ($5pp round trip) you go by safari type bus and come back by taxi whenever you are ready - plenty of taxi's available all day - the beach is wonderful - If you get hungry eat at Tapas Bar -the food here was great and reasonably priced - highly recommended on the port board. We loved it ! We saw the banana boat - looked like a lot of fun!

Also - there is a large salt water pool and lots of shopping at the port area if you don't want to venture out to Majahaul.

Archived