11-3 in st lucia ?

I tried posting this on the Ports of Call board---no response-

What can we do from 11am - 3pm in St Lucia? We really don't want to rush off the ship at 8 am yet another day! (especially the teenagers!)

Are there any short, afternoon tours we could take?

Teresa ;)

I tried posting this on the Ports of Call board---no response-

What can we do from 11am - 3pm in St Lucia? We really don't want to rush off the ship at 8 am yet another day! (especially the teenagers!)

Are there any short, afternoon tours we could take?

Teresa ;)

Hi Teresa, your signature says that you are on the April 4th sailing of the Serenade. You are scheduled to be in St Lucia from 7:00 AM until 5:00 PM. If so, I highly recommend the Cosol tour. There is quite a bit of information about them in the following link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=826907

Here is the website:

http://www.cosoltours.com/

Hi Teresa, your signature says that you are on the April 4th sailing of the Serenade. You are scheduled to be in St Lucia from 7:00 AM until 5:00 PM. If so, I highly recommend the Cosol tour. There is quite a bit of information about them in the following link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=826907

Here is the website:

http://www.cosoltours.com/

Yes thank you- I am currently booked with Serenity (land and sea) but they all begin so early ! I am lookimng for something that we can do in 3-4 hours and that leaves later in the morning.... We have early tours almost every other day...

T

If you go through the security gate and walk to the left you will find the pier that has water taxis that take you into town. Also, you will find independent boat operators that will take you where ever you want to go. We had a great snorkeling trip from 11-3pm at $15pp. The fish were fantastic. You may want to check out the St. Lucia port site for more info but we had a great day. There are many independent operators there early but I don't know how many will be there later in the morning. We have teenagers too but who is paying for this trip? Wake them at 9, get off the ship and enjoy the island - it is absolutely beuatiful. They can sleep when they get back home or they can go to sleep earlier when onboard - WHO'S THE PARENT????:D Enjoy, you'll love the island, Kaboochi

If you go through the security gate and walk to the left you will find the pier that has water taxis that take you into town. Also, you will find independent boat operators that will take you where ever you want to go. We had a great snorkeling trip from 11-3pm at $15pp. The fish were fantastic. You may want to check out the St. Lucia port site for more info but we had a great day. There are many independent operators there early but I don't know how many will be there later in the morning. We have teenagers too but who is paying for this trip? Wake them at 9, get off the ship and enjoy the island - it is absolutely beuatiful. They can sleep when they get back home or they can go to sleep earlier when onboard - WHO'S THE PARENT????:D Enjoy, you'll love the island, Kaboochi

Thanks for the parenting advice

First, I would say St. Lucia is not the island to make a half day of, it is very mountainous and takes a while to get to the best sites, which are south of Castries. It is also one of the most beautiful islands, so I would recommend taking a half day on one of the other islands and making a full day of it on St. Lucia. That said, if you still want to do a half day tour, I highly recommend Herod. Take a look at my AOS review link and scroll down to St. Lucia to see loads of pics and get an idea of what there is to do. There's a great spice market only a 5 minute drive or a 15 minute walk from the ship and I give directions in my report. Herod is perhaps the best tour guide I have ever encountered, and that is saying something! He is great at doing things very efficiently, you will see a lot in the time you have. Here's his website: http://www.herodsislandtours.com/

We were just there again in November and you can still find cabbies at the pier late in the morning.

We walked into town simply because we did not see the water taxi and it may take a little longer than 15 minutes to go around the harbor to the spice market. There is not much else to see in town but if you venture into the mountains or to the beaches it is heavenly.

The water taxi takes you to a shopping center across the bay but if you want a tour you should find a driver at your pier.

Do try the St. Lucia board again or just google St. Lucia and you may find a private tour there.

I don't know if you are into snorkeling and relaxing on a beach but here's what we are planning for when we are there in Nov. And it can be done during the time frame you have.:

Anse Chastanet Marine Reserve

Anse Chastanet, near Soufriere, has been designated as a marine park. Described as having near-shore reefs with corals, sponges and reef fish. Good for both diving and snorkeling.

Not even Bonaire can compare with the variety of corals, sea fans, bright sponges, schooling fish, caves, ledges and colorful gorgonians that grow profusely less than a hundred yards from shore on St. Lucia 's south coast in the Anse Chastanet Marine Reserve located in front of the Anse Chastanet Hotel.

Swimming out from the resort's black sand beach (a reminder of St. Lucia's volcanic origins), the bottom gradually slopes off, then drops sharply to reveal a plateau of plate and star corals loaded with bright sponges.

Clouds of brown chromis hover just above the reef top but anywhere along the way you might spot frogfish, glass minnows, squirrelfish, bigeye, butterfly fish, eels, orange anemones or seahorses; 150 species of fish in all.

What nourishes so much healthy marine life is a moderately strong current that sometimes appears without warning. Its appearance has no predictable pattern, and you should factor it into your dive plan as soon as you feel it because it can pick up speed quickly; and you may need to swim against it back to shore.

I found these pics on webshots and the place looks really nice to me.

Anse Chastanet pictures and videos on Webshots

SMMA Marine Park fee (Subject to change) Daily---$5.00

Snorkel Marine Fee---$1.00 (fee is to do it, not rent equipment)

Anse Chastanet Beach

ty5ed-1.gif

Anse Chastanet Beach

AnseChastanetBeach.jpg

zoning.jpg

Just my two cents, but I would let the teenagers sleep in on another day...St. Lucia is my favorite port! I was on my balcony at 5am watching the Pitons going by and had a fantastic day with John from Serenity. A truly magical day.:)

Archived