Cost of Shore excursions

CLOU

We are sailing on the Odyssey at the end of August and it is Virtuoso cruise. Virtuoso has offered a Virtuoso excursion in Corfu, or $150 per person shipboard credit or $175 per person credit for a Seabourn excursion of our choosing. We have been on Virtuoso excursions with Regent, and most have been good, although a couple were just so so. This is our first voyage with Seabourn and I have no idea how much an average excursion with Seabourn costs, to see if that affects the deal we choose. I am just talking about the general, plain vanilla type fo excursion, not those that involve additional airfare, etc. Can anyone give me any guidance? Thanks.

My advice is to take the Virtouso excursion.The value of those excursions far exceeds the shipboard credit they offer. Not only is it a nice way to get to meet a few of your fellow passengers but the excursions they offer are far more unique than any of the Seabourn tours( which you would most likley be going on with a much larger group of passengers). We almost never go on tours, we prefer to wander around on our own or hire our own private tour guide, but we ALWAYS go on the Seabourn Virtouso tours.

The Seabourn excursions can be anywhere between about $50 and probably up to $150 per person....so I suppose an average would have to be $100! Im not too good with maths but think that sounds about right! :(. We have never been on a Virtuoso excursion so cant comment on those, although I have heard good reports. We have always just taken the Seabourn excursions, and have mostly been happy with them. Of course there has been the odd one we thought was not worth the money, but that is more "the place" rather than a Seabourn fault. From our experience any excursion costing around the $100 is usually a full day one....I think I would be taking one of the "credit" options....:D

We have all our paperwork for the next cruise and the 4hr tours are between $90-$120 and some of the 8hr tours are up to $200 plus.We like to explore on our own so we either hire cars or arrange guides where possible.

But any SB tours that we have taken have been the adventure ones, kayaking etc, and they were well organised.

We don't have a Virtuoso agent but if we get a chance to go somewhere different to the ships tours with just a small group of people - we do it.

wow...that looks like a big hike in excursion prices from last year...or maybe its the area that is more expensive.....looks like I will have to wait till we get our paperwork before making any decisions....might end up doing more of "our own thing" with those sort of prices! :(

Thanks for the info. Although from the information provided it sounds like the credit might be worth more than the excursion, at this time we are probably going to take the excursion. Most of the other Virtuoso excursions we have been on have been nice, and none of the current projected Seabourn excursions for Corfu sound better. Apparently, we can change our minds until 45 days before the trip, and by then Seabourn will have posted the excursions for our cruise on line.

Archived