Passport Question

mjl1960

When I got my passport, I didn't have a beard...does it matter that I have one now, and will it be an issue at the port, or will they make me go and shave just to get on the ship?

Look at women - we change our hair all the time - they don't make us go dye our hair to match our photos. Guys shave their heads, go bald, we all go grey at some point. Some have to wear glasses. This is one of the reasons you have to renew every 5 years because at least you are a little closer to your look. If they have questions or doubts they may ask you for another photo ID - if you have one.

Yeah, you would think they would use a little common sense...but these are government workers working with our glorious government regulations. I just got my drivers license redone last week, with the beard. My GF likes the beard, so everytime I come off the road about once a month I make sure I have it...then shave it as soon as I leave because it irritates my sensitive skin. :)

I just want everything to go smoothly on this cruise...as much as can go that way that is, because I know there will be bumps and grinds along the way. The worst part for me is the flying...I hate airports! I just don't want to realize that there is something worse...like checking in at the pier for the cruise.

Thanks for the replies to this question. I never thought about the women that change their hair part of it...so hopefully it won't matter.

Look at women - we change our hair all the time - they don't make us go dye our hair to match our photos. Guys shave their heads, go bald, we all go grey at some point. Some have to wear glasses. This is one of the reasons you have to renew every 5 years because at least you are a little closer to your look. If they have questions or doubts they may ask you for another photo ID - if you have one.

A passport is good for 10 years unless you are under 16 when you get it, then it's good for 5 years.

Wouldn't worry- my dh's passport had hair and a mustache- by the time it expired he had no hair and no mustache. My youngest was 3 months old in his picture- was 5 when he last used it. I was much much younger and it showed- they let me back in.

A passport is good for 10 years unless you are under 16 when you get it, then it's good for 5 years.

Here in Canada it is only 5 years - I wish it were 10 years - would save money that's for sure.

You will be fine they just might require a cavity search.:eek:

If that is what it takes...I will have to go to Kmart and buy a little rubber raft for my cruise. :eek: My cavities are for the most part "Exit Only".

When I got my passport, I didn't have a beard...does it matter that I have one now, and will it be an issue at the port, or will they make me go and shave just to get on the ship?

Have you been drinking or just really bored ?? :eek:

Make sure your hair is cut to the same length as in your picture and styled exactly the same way. Oh yes, I almost forgot, be sure and wear the same shirt as in the photo.

Archived