Be Very Careful With What You Throw Away

CarRex

I'm guessing it varies from port to port and time to time. But we always zip right through the Latitudes line. It always surprises me how many of the passengers are first timers.

i'm with you on this one. considering everyone becomes latitudes after their first cruise, one would think the latitudes line would be huge.

but then again, i would imagine it depends on the time you arrive at the pier. my DW and i almost always arrive at 11am. never had any lines. plus a little smile usually gets us recognized and then we hear "next customer please".

She said I could fax any proof of a cruise 26 years ago (room key, photo, ship dailies, reservation docs, etc), and they would count that cruise toward our Latitudes status. After going though boxes of old photos, I found a picture of us with the captain. The picture even had the Norway logo printed on the botton.

I faxed the photo to NCL and within a day, they acknowedged the booking and upgraded us to Gold status.

Yay!

I was able to get past-passenger status on Princess the same way -- having sailed as a little kid on Sitmar in 1986. Still have the souvenir photographs of me "steering" the ship with the logo on the photo. :D

for some reason they decided to let the people keep the level they bought into. I'm not sure why. (of course there were other perks OBC-prepaid deposit on next cruise & such)

We still kick ourselves for not buying in at the Platinum level :D

We bought the Compass Rewards when Platinum was offered. It was supposed to let you cruise at that level as long as there was a balance in your Compass Rewards account. When they decided to fold the program (not many people wanted to front $3000, and it was more profitable to convert it to the present $250), NCL was so mixed up as to who was "temporary Platinum" and who was "deserved Platinum," they decided to just grandfather them all together.

At this point, we would have been coming up to Platinum anyway.

Good tip, OP, thanks. And the plastic storage chest idea is great too; perfect way to round it all up and put it in one place. It's scattered about, around here somewhere. We've been on 5 cruises and I like to keep the excursion tickets for souvenirs.:)

I took the advice and started rounding these things up today as I was picking up the house prior to our upcoming cruise. Pet/home sitters coming in; must clean! For now, I'm just tossing them in a plastic, letter sized clear box. Easy to see what is in there. Thanks again to original poster with the idea.:)

We bought the Compass Rewards when Platinum was offered. It was supposed to let you cruise at that level as long as there was a balance in your Compass Rewards account. When they decided to fold the program (not many people wanted to front $3000, and it was more profitable to convert it to the present $250), NCL was so mixed up as to who was "temporary Platinum" and who was "deserved Platinum," they decided to just grandfather them all together.

At this point, we would have been coming up to Platinum anyway.

The problem was too many bought into the Platinum level. It was a no brainer. The reason the program collapsed is NCL was sold a bill of goods by the marketing company on the hotel kickers that were worthless.

I don't think many would be Platinum yet any other way. A friend of mine bought in and will be taking his third NCL cruise this summer.

The program was a disaster from beginning to end.

Archived