Anybody have anything good to say about the Holiday?

eceteacher

I am booked on the Holiday in late June. We are taking the kids this tiem and it is their first cruise. I want everything to be good, but the recent reviews of the Holiday are so dismal. Do I need to change ships and suck up the $300 charge? Can anyone give me some good news about it?

DH and I enjoyed the Holiday, mostly because the staff is amazing. I think they go above and beyond to make up for any short comings you might have on the ship. It was clean, food was ok by my standards, great by DH's so that's totally subjective. Personally it's not one I'd take our kids on. Although many families were there and the kids were having a blast with camp carnival. I want a more kid oriented ship if I am paying out the $$ for 4 kids. That is why they will be going on Triumph next year instead, it has the waterpark etc on it.

You could not have paid me enough to use the pool or hot tubs on holiday, they looked bad and showed their age. I would sail her again with DH if the price was right but once was probably enough for us.

Hows that for a mixed review LOL Really as long as you aren't expecting a new ship and don't need the extras to have fun it's a great cruise for the price and I don't regret taking it at all, made some nice memories on board.

I was hoping the recent dry dock would bring some good news.....but I don't think it has.

Mobile is the shortest drive for us for the shorter cruises and the price is good for our dates this fall. But, I keep reading so many bad things about this ship.

We went Holiday last April. We had a great time. Some times it got a little rocky. The pools and tub were great ( at least I thought). It was a fun trip. I have heard about some trouble with the propellion lately.

Have been on Holiday twice , we used to live in Mobile .For a FIRST cruise it will be OK as nothing to compare it to . Ship is small and easy to find your way around .Gym is non existent so if that is something you need change ships.

Food and service good , hope this helps .

I really liked it.

The staff was nice, the room was great, good food, hot tub was fine. The elevators are small, I thought is was fine, but then maybe I am easier to please than some.

Mobile was easy to get into and out of.

Try it out, you don't have long and then try one of the mega ships.

It is a ship that is on the water and you will be on vacation.......What could be better than that....Everybody wants new and bigger. Older ships are great and intimate. The crew even gets to know your name......

I've been in it..but it dosent exist..according to Poster..Dont know what all one looks for in a GYM, but I did see some folks working out on equipment...I"m her biggest cheerleader I guess.. I will have 25 on her, since fall '06., by years end .have cruzed many other lines/vessels..I dont care to fly/drive all day/night anymore to cruze..as I live 98 mi from Mobile..Will I miss her..yes,,do i like change,,sometimes..will I go on fantasy, You bet, old?..SO AM I...Hot tubes and pools are always subject to health inspection..and have only seen them cordoned off during rocky weather. I get about 8 times a year pleasure in cruzing. I also do land-cations...Even tho I'll be 3 weeks in Spain in June, I'll look fwd to my August cruze, back on Holiday

My DW and I have been on the Holiday three times. It's old and small, but we have had a great time on each cruise. The crew on each cruise was first rate. I hope we get to take one last cruise on her before it departs for Spain. Another thing that helped our enjoyment was the Port of Mobile. They did a great job too. I wish NOLA would take a lesson from them.

I am booked on the Holiday in late June. We are taking the kids this tiem and it is their first cruise. I want everything to be good, but the recent reviews of the Holiday are so dismal. Do I need to change ships and suck up the $300 charge? Can anyone give me some good news about it?

We liked the Holiday as much as any other ship so far. I liked the smaller ship, less crowds. It might be better for your kids since it's their first cruise. My kids 10 & 12 loved it because the had a lot more freedom than on the bigger ships. We are going on the Freedom next and I am nervous that it's too big and crowded. In this economy save the $300 and just enjoy it.:)

We have sailed her 5 times over the last 6 years. Great service, food, price, convienance, and port location. It's a good way to "test" the water to see if cruising is going to be your "cup of tea". Keep in mind she is a smaller ship with no "stabilizers" so you will experience more "movement" than the larger, newer ships.;) Try to stay mid ship or forward as there seems to be a constant "vibration" towards the aft.:(

A very reasonable price to see the Western Caribbean and enjoy a couple days @ sea.:)

I've been on the Holiday twice. Nothing to compare her to yet, but trying out the Inspiration next summer.

Mobile is an easy drive for us and the price was great.

The Holiday has hooked me on cruising; and since this last cruise with a large group of mostly new cruisers, she's hooked them to cruising as well.

We would have booked the Holiday again this summer if Costa Maya would have been added back. Progresso was ok, we enjoyed the visit, the real Mexican experience, but nobody in our group really wanted to go back a second time.

I love the Holiday and really hate to see her go.

Triumph doesn't have a waterpark... only 1 waterslide.

Only fantasy class and the dream have the waterpark.

Sorry you are right, meant fantasy. DH and I are going on her this year to preapprove it before booking it with the kids (or that's our excuse for slipping away alone)LOL

Forgot to mention to the OP. I would not lose $300 to change dates (did you book early saver?). You can and more than likely will have a great time on Holiday, especially the kids in the camp because it's not so full. No way I would lose $300 to change ships.

I agree with the others about it being a little rocky at times. We had some rough weather coming back and it was funny to see everyone trying to walk straight but going from one side of the hall to the others, myself included. I had a few bumps and bruises afterwards but enjoyed every one LOL

We have sailed her 5 times over the last 6 years. Great service, food, price, convienance, and port location. It's a good way to "test" the water to see if cruising is going to be your "cup of tea". Keep in mind she is a smaller ship with no "stabilizers" so you will experience more "movement" than the larger, newer ships.;) Try to stay mid ship or forward as there seems to be a constant "vibration" towards the aft.:(

A very reasonable price to see the Western Caribbean and enjoy a couple days @ sea.:)

Been on the Holiday 5 times and love the old girl! She does in fact have stabilizers, even though she may rock & roll a little more than larger ships. She just came out of dry dock two weeks ago and supposedly the propulsion problems and the vibration that some complain about, has been corrected.

will be my milestones/25 cruzes on "HER" since Fall '06. I love small vessels..started/cut my cruze teeth on one smaller than that (Sunward) then alot on TSS Fairwind..and other lines thrown in. Have 19 on the little lady to date, and #20 coimg in 3 weeks with alot of Roll-Callers, here. Always a treat...the crew tells me I just go back to my house to change out my clothes..they're about right!

Archived