Dance moves on ship

hotrockstar

OK, I have yet another weird question for all my fellow CC'rs. On my past 2 cruises on Princess, I see this dance they do at the sail away party that looks like the Hustle or something similar. What is it and why does everyone know the steps except me? I'd like to join in, in a month without looking like an a$$. If anyone knows what it's called I'll Google it and practice!! Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Thanks!!!

The ones that I have seen are Country Line dancing. There is many line dances but the one I have seen is the Electric Slide. Now trust me I do not do that but I do watch them do it.

Marilyn

There is a website called "Kick IT"....there are hundreds of line dances. If you type in The Electric Slide you will get step by step instructions and you can practice. I do a lot of line dancing and have learned a lot of them this way.

Also, whether you know the steps or not, join in after a few drinks, you will know the dance. :p

Kathy

Tried that, especially on my first cruise. Went out there on Caribbean Deck Party night, and not knowing the moves, just copied the good looking girl next to me. She did it so much better than I and later I found out why.

During one of the shows in the Princess Theater we sat close enough I could recognize on stage ... you got it !!! ... the good looking girl (and several other of the dancers on deck).:rolleyes:

So when you are trying to "keep up with the Jones'" in the dance lines you might be learning from professional dancers!:D

Archived