Conquest Class vs Spirit Class

mj

I am trying to book my cruise for next year on Carnival and was wanting some feedback. I have heard nothing but wonderful things on the Spirit Class. On the Conquest Class, how crowded does it get with the additional passengers. For those who have traveled the Conquest Class(i.e. Conquest, Glory) vs Spirit Class(Spirit, Pride, Miracle, and Legend), I would love to hear the pros and cons. I've got it narrowed down to the Miracle out of Tampa and the Valor out of Miami both doing a very similar Western. I would appreciate any input.

We have done both (Conquest 3/03. Spirit 8/04) and loved both. It did not seem to us that either ship was crowded even tho both were full!! The onboard arrangement was different, of course. Not sure if we really liked one more than the other. Did like the lido deck on Spirit as you had the entire deck to roam! We are going on Destiny next(2/05) and have been told the arrangement is more like Conquest. So perhaps in the future I will be able to give you a more critical reveiw!:rolleyes:

I have done the all the classes except the Destiny class ships. I would not want to sail on the Conquest again. It is the most awkward ship to get around in. The shops are set up above the lobby with tables out front so it is extremely crowded getting through here. If you are enjoying drinks in the lobby bar, to get to dinner you have to go up 2 floors walk the length of the ship and then down 2 floors. As far as being crowded, I didn't notice any difference from the other ships. The buffets are always crowded at breakfast and lunch. There were horrible crowds at the picture gallery, I never did get in to look at my pictures.

The Spirit class ships are by far much easier to get around in. I would not hesitate to sail on one of these again. But I would definitely think twice about doing a Conquest class again.

I am trying to book my cruise for next year on Carnival and was wanting some feedback. I have heard nothing but wonderful things on the Spirit Class. On the Conquest Class, how crowded does it get with the additional passengers. For those who have traveled the Conquest Class(i.e. Conquest, Glory) vs Spirit Class(Spirit, Pride, Miracle, and Legend), I would love to hear the pros and cons. I've got it narrowed down to the Miracle out of Tampa and the Valor out of Miami both doing a very similar Western. I would appreciate any input.

I have been on the Conquest and the Pride.... I would never sail a COnquest class ship or recommend it to anyone. THe number of people they jam on these ships is amazing. Carnival is notorious for jamming people on ships, but the SPirit class is the only one that is close to being right. That being said, similar sized ships on other lines hold 200-400 less people at double occupancy. Carnival also carries more rooms at triple or quad occupancy.

What amplifies the problem with the Conquest class ships is the design. The evening entertainment is all on one floor along one hall way. Imagine 3000-3500 people walking through here.

Have sailed on all classes of Carnival ships and my least favorite hands down is the Conquest class. Yes to me they feel very crowded especially if you have cruised on the Spirit class. They have a chopped up design which the Spirit class do not. The Spirit class has much higher passenger space ratio. For me hands down it would be the Miracle over the Valor especially if the itineraries are similar.

Archived