Question about dining time posted on reservation.

huntersmommy

Hi, we cruise in 16 days and just today I noticed on the CC website under my reservation that the dining time was added. It now says Dining Time early seating 6:00 pm and then in parenthesis it says ( Waitlisted). What does that mean? I am worried it means we may not actually get early dining and we have a child with us and booked well over a year ago so it is not as if I just recetnly requested this dining time. What do you all think? Thanks!

All that means is that you are on a waiting list for your desired time. You may or may not get your requested time once you board. If you want to change your time, go and see the Maitre D once you get on board and request a change, they may or may not be able to accomodate your request, but a lot of times they can.

Hi, we cruise in 16 days and just today I noticed on the CC website under my reservation that the dining time was added. It now says Dining Time early seating 6:00 pm and then in parenthesis it says ( Waitlisted). What does that mean? I am worried it means we may not actually get early dining and we have a child with us and booked well over a year ago so it is not as if I just recetnly requested this dining time. What do you all think? Thanks!

All dining times are a request and are not confirmed untill boarding. I have booked a year out and still been assigned the opposite time I requested. That said they work hard to get you the time you ask for and if you do end up at the wrong time you can try and see if they can switch you once you are on board.

No matter what you select (early, late, anytime), dining times are NOT guaranteed, no matter how early you book your cruise. Even if your reservation specified something, it would still not be guaranteed.

It seems to me that Carnival is adding the words "waitlisted" so that people don't assume that it's a guaranteed reservation.

My PVP is very careful to point this out (even though I've booked several times through her and she knows I know the drill). She always says "Remember that this is not a reservation, it's merely your PREFERENCE".

Whether you get what you want will depend on how many others have selected the same dinner time or option as you. If for some reason you don't get what you want, go and talk to the Maitre'D as soon as you get onboard. Hopefully you can get what you want then.

I know it might be a hassle but it's what happens when you're sharing a ship with almost 3,000 passengers, all wanting their preferences honored.

When you get your Sign n Sail card, the dining room/table/time will be on it. If it says late seating, then go directly to the dining room and get on line :) The Maitre'd will take your request to change and will do it if it is possible. It might not be done the 1st night but if they can change it then definitely by the 2nd night.

Also, be nice. I have seen so many passengers being so nasty, rude, threatening to the Maitre'd and that will get your nowheres. In the worse case scenario, even if you get late, you can always go to the Lido deck for a small hold-me-over until late dinner.

I just checked my reservation as well and it shows us as being wait listed - the other day it didnt show this. I sure hope we can get early seating as my 8 year old will be with us and there is no way he can wait till 8 to eat - neither can I for that matter...LOL!!!

Hopefully it will all work out :)

It seems to me that Carnival is adding the words "waitlisted" so that people don't assume that it's a guaranteed reservation.

You would think their IT department would be intelligent enough to follow this through and take the waitlisted notation off of platinum reservations.

But, given the instability of their website lately, I suspect their IT department isn't full of the brighest tools in the shed! :rolleyes:

But, given the instability of their website lately, I suspect their IT department isn't full of the brighest tools in the shed! :rolleyes:

LOL my daughter just used this expression this morning...I said what IS the brightest tool? A flashlight?:p

Archived