Which Nights are Formal Nights?

MickeyandLV

How do we find out which nights will be formal nights on our cruise? We will be "celebrating" our 25th wedding anniversary on the cruise. Our anniversary is not until a week after we get home so we want to pick a day to be our "anniversary". (We had already promised my father-in-law to go to alumni weekend at Ohio Northern University for the 50th anniversary of his graduation which is the weekend of our anniversary. It will also be my 25th from ONU.) We would like to celebrate on a formal night and that is why I want to know which date to pick. We will be southbound Alaska on Island Princess leaving Whittier on May 18th. I have read everything I can find on Princess website and have searched the forums here. It has been fun reading everyone's questions and trip stories. This will be our first cruise.

I hope you enjoy your first cruise and celebrating your anniversary on board.

Congratulations on reaching the 25 year mark! And Best Wishes for the next 25!:)

Formal Nights are often on sea days but not always. The first formal night is the Captain's Welcome Aboard cocktail party held in the atrium before dinner. It is usually the first full day onboard the ship.

The second and last formal night for a 7 day cruise is the day before last usually. There can always changes to the norm, so nothing is set in stone.

If you are cruising Sat to Sat, then the first formal night will likely be Sunday, and the second on Thursday, but sea days enter the choices also.

Perhaps someone will be able to answer more accurately.

Probably your best source of information will be on the roll call sections. First find the roll call for your cruise and see if someone has already listed the formal nights. If that doesn't work try looking in one of the previous roll calls for your ship. Hope this helps and Happy Anniversary!

Doug

How do we find out which nights will be formal nights on our cruise? We will be "celebrating" our 25th wedding anniversary on the cruise. Our anniversary is not until a week after we get home so we want to pick a day to be our "anniversary". (We had already promised my father-in-law to go to alumni weekend at Ohio Northern University for the 50th anniversary of his graduation which is the weekend of our anniversary. It will also be my 25th from ONU.) We would like to celebrate on a formal night and that is why I want to know which date to pick. We will be southbound Alaska on Island Princess leaving Whittier on May 18th. I have read everything I can find on Princess website and have searched the forums here. It has been fun reading everyone's questions and trip stories. This will be our first cruise.
I would check and post this question on the roll call for the same ship that that departs before yours I am sure someone will give you the correct answer.

Archived