Dear Rude Guy

PetulantMe

Did you remind her that, as allies, we entered this just, liberating conflict together? Hello...thank God for Tony Blair...& Margaret Thatcher as well!! I would have looked her in the eye, smiled and suggested she move to France! (after I pressed all the floor buttons on the "lift").

She prolly was a "nonu"

Did you remind her that, as allies, we entered this just, liberating conflict together? Hello...thank God for Tony Blair...& Margaret Thatcher as well!! I would have looked her in the eye, smiled and suggested she move to France! (after I pressed all the floor buttons on the "lift").

She prolly was a "nonu"

Second did you remind Princess Margret Rose in the elevator that if it wasn't for us war mongers she would be speaking German and goose stepping.

Well....maybe....but remember that the Battle of Britain (fought with British-made Hurricanes and Spitfires) occurred more than a full year prior to our entry into WWII. The Royal Navy was never seriously threatened by Germany/Italy, and with German defeat in Battle of Britain, goosestepping into London simply wasn't an option for Germany at any point.

Not to say that U.S./Great Britain didn't play a large role in liberation of the Continent, but it's simply erroneous jingoism to think that U.S. had very much to do with saving British bacon. (Besides, if you've ever eaten British bacon, why would you ever want to save that stuff anyway?!?) :D

I think I'd rather cruise with the OP's "rude guy" than with many of you.

Really, I'm hoping a lot of you are kidding with your stories. "Someone once did something slightly rude, so I did XXXXX horrible thing in return, look how much of a better person I am! ISN'T IT FUNNY?!!!!".

Quite frankly, no. Ugh.

smiley-gen115.gif

Oh- you must be one of the ones they are talking about.:rolleyes:

smiley-gen115.gif

Oh- you must be one of the ones they are talking about.:rolleyes:

I'm rude for thinking it's not funny to punch someone in the face instead of just calling security? Or trashing someone's property because you don't like their attitude/actions? And then these same people complain that civility is gone from our society? Haha!

I've never saved a deck chair or worn jeans in the dining room. :D I'm a nice gal. Promise! But c'mon, you gotta admit, some of the stories on here are just sad examples of humanity.

I'm rude for thinking it's not funny to punch someone in the face instead of just calling security? Or trashing someone's property because you don't like their attitude/actions? And then these same people complain that civility is gone from our society? Haha!

I've never saved a deck chair or worn jeans in the dining room. :D I'm a nice gal. Promise! But c'mon, you gotta admit, some of the stories on here are just sad examples of humanity.

I agree.. to the point that it's better to shame them then rather make them angry... When you make them angry they think you (the other party) are in the wrong.. If you can shame them, they usually are too embarrassed to act out..

First off Kudos on tossing the guys hat.

Second did you remind Princess Margret Rose in the elevator that if it wasn't for us war mongers she would be speaking German and goose stepping.

It's a common fallacy to believe that the Germans could have successfully occupied the British Isles. Do not confuse them with France. Hitler's air squadrons where pretty well defeated by the time the Americans got in the game, and without them, he could never have completed a Channel crossing.

Well....maybe....but remember that the Battle of Britain (fought with British-made Hurricanes and Spitfires) occurred more than a full year prior to our entry into WWII. The Royal Navy was never seriously threatened by Germany/Italy, and with German defeat in Battle of Britain, goosestepping into London simply wasn't an option for Germany at any point.

Not to say that U.S./Great Britain didn't play a large role in liberation of the Continent, but it's simply erroneous jingoism to think that U.S. had very much to do with saving British bacon. (Besides, if you've ever eaten British bacon, why would you ever want to save that stuff anyway?!?) :D

Word. (On both British air supremecy in 1943 and British bacon.)

Hey! Watch it or I'll toss your cap in the trash. :p

I think Carnival could solve their problem of doling out bacon with tongs through simple expedient of offering "authentic" British back bacon instead of the usual "crispy" bacon we Americans are blessed with being able to consume. Bacon consumption would decline dramatically, fleetwide. :D

It's a common fallacy to believe that the Germans could have successfully occupied the British Isles. Do not confuse them with France. Hitler's air squadrons where pretty well defeated by the time the Americans got in the game, and without them, he could never have completed a Channel crossing.

I believe that Nostradamus referred to "it" as "Hilter"...amazing!! BTW...I love the British...especially girls from Wales (Swansea) and lads from Liverpool....seriously!!

I will admit one thing- I certainly have seen some sad examples on cruises no doubt! But gald to here you are one of the good ones.:D

Come one now whos being rude now??? Yeah I agree I use to get mad and then take it out on the people that were rude nad realize how bad I was acting!! But I decided that kindness kills them better then being rude. i just keep smiling and they never know what I really am thinking about and that bothers them more. As for the guy that put his hat on the table I would of offered him to share the table with me and he would or probably walked away!! Theres really no use in getting mad or hitting anyone because it makes you look ridicules you might feel good about it but thats all. Would I of gotten mad at the guy that blew mj smoke on the father and son yes but then again its illegal and I would of gotten the security guards and then that guy would of been in more trouble then getting hit. So each case you need to see what you need to do you better yourself then the person thats causing the trouble. As for Brits I know on a few and the are the sweetest people I know and I know some Americans that are the crappiest I know so you have attitude everywhere.

On one of my cruises we went to Carnival's private island, in Haiti I believe, and gave a nominal tip for one of the guys to bring us loungers. We laid around for awhile, then went to the buffet. Upon our return, our things had been dumped on the ground and the chairs had been moved a few feet away from the original location. I went over and asked if they had taken our chairs and their response was, "No saving chairs." I was shocked that they had done this and told them this applied to the theatre on the ship and we had tipped to have the chairs brought to us. They refused to move, so we spread our towels picnic style and ate on the ground.

I felt like smacking someone, but life is too short and anybody nutty enough to just dump somebodies stuff probably couldn't be reasoned with.

"Now available on the Pride. Guest wrestling!!!"

LOL

-Pet

shhhh don't suggest that... Carnival might start it and lay off some more musicians/entertainers... if guests provide the entertainment then no need to pay singers or entertainers.

Archived