Dear Rude Guy

PetulantMe

I wonder if anyone has ever gotten into a physical confrontation over saving chairs, rude people, etc.?? I would love to hear those stories!

There was a story a long while back - I don't remember the details, but do recall that it got physical.

When I read about the guy that made the couple scoot down I was stunned...once at the Captain's Party we were sitting at a booth when both of my boys (16 and 13) at the time got up, I turned to see another couple approaching. They sat down - invited by all of us.

Turns out they had been looking for a seat but ran into people saving. They said the funny thing was that towards the end of the evening most of those seats were still empty. They felt it had to do with the fact that they were Middle Eastern. Personally we liked them, they were great people, really nice and interesting.

Our oldest said he had seen them try a couple of tables and felt bad for them. It's kinda sad when a self-absorbed teenager has more grace and class than the adults in the room.

I wonder if anyone has ever gotten into a physical confrontation over saving chairs, rude people, etc.?? I would love to hear those stories!

A rude person story-but not on a cruise ship.

We`re in Milwaukee attending a Cubs/Brewers game. (50 coppers and firemen). In front of us sits the long haired grubby person. He lights up a joint,which doesn`t bother us but he exhales his smoke onto a father and his young son sitting in front of him The father politely asked the grubby one to please not blow the MJ smoke on him and his son. The grubby one responds with the F-Bomb. The father just turned away to watch the game and the grubby one intentionally blew more smoke on them.

What the grubby one didn`t know that my pal Terry was observing it all.

Terry,not saying one word, got up and walked up to the dope smoker and threw one punch. Knocked him out along with several of his teeth:).

Terry looked at us,smiled, and said "I`ll see you back in Chicago".

To ALL you rude cruisers: Terry enjoys cruising.

Rich

Not at all. The couple hardly spoke at all; except to tell me that the "guy" asked them to move to the end of the seat because he did not want to sit next to them. I felt so bad for them.

Awww don't worry about it Pegs...sometimes you have to laugh at a situation...its his fault if he doesn't want to sit next to them...he better not be on my cruise...i'm going to have fun next to him:D.....he would really :D

and KUDOs...to you:D...is that spelled right

Dear Rude Guy,

I noticed you in the Butterflies lounge on the March 8 Pride sailing holding a seat for your friends at the hynotist show. I thought it a bit rude that first off, you were holding the seats when you could CLEARLY see that the entire room was full of people. But when you copped an attitude with the polite couple that sat beside you, I was a little disgusted... Actually A LOT disgusted.

I don't think it's rude to hold seats at a show while waiting for your party to join you.

As long as one person in the party is there...to keep the seats, I don't see a problem.

The others could be grabing a cocktail, in the bathroom..etc..etc.

It might be rude to cop an attitude. But I also think it's rude for someone to think any 'empty' seat is free for the tacking when one person is watching over them (for a short time).

But simply holding places for others that might be in the bathroom joining you in a few mins isn't something I'd worry about.

I'm sure you've saved a seat for the SO at a movie theater while they were getting popcorn..etc before a show.

Rude Guy must be related to the girl I sassed at on our last cruise. She decided to pick up my towel and wipe her sunglasses with it!! I said excuse me that's my towel. Her reply...So? She didn't care. She said she was just wiping her glasses. Sorry I don't want your eye ball crud on my towel. Plus what if she had pink eye? GROSS!!

Do you ever run across those people over and over. We were boarding our cruise on the Miracle in 2007 - a couple in front of us were having at it. The woman was ragging on the guy something unreal. Later on at sail away they were right beside us - she is still ragging on. Going into the dining room - who is in from of us but them - she is still ragging, so I go "ding ding round two". The next day on the Lido who is beside us - them, she is ragging on yet again - I just go "ding ding round three". It seemed that where ever we were they were - she is ragging every time - I went on going "ding ding round - whatever". She started giving me dirty looks, but what the hell did I care - I felt sorry for him. The last evening we went to the show and had our seat - who is coming down towards us to sit - you guessed it. She sees me - gives me the evil eye and turns tail. He looks at me and goes "ding ding" and follows her out. I see him by himself (oddly enough) and he says that they are on their honeymoon. I could only wish him luck and cross my fingers that things get better - because they shouldn't couldn't get any worse.

You asked.......

This goes back to my first cruise on the Triumph......I was sailing with my 4 kids and a friend of mine with her 2 kids...Last Sea Day and we were enjoying it on the Lido Deck.....a woman had "saved" her chair with a towel....someone else came by and asked if anyone was there...we told them that the people who saved the chairs had not been there for at least 2 hours....the new people proceeded to have the towels removed and lounge there....a couple more hours go by and the new people left.....Original woman now comes back and is looking around for her towels.....my friend and I are just watching.....Woman stands over by the rail wondering what to do I suppose......I leave to go to the Ladies Room....I return and find my friend in a tug-of-war fight with this original chair hog over a towel!! They are pulling and shoving...my kids and her kids are staring wide eyed....I am wondering what the **** is going on!!! Turns out....when I got up the Chair Hog came over and decided that she would take my towel so she did not get hit with a towel loss fine!!

My friend won the battle by the way ;)....AND I cruised 3 months later so I could get over the trauma :D

A rude person story-but not on a cruise ship.

We`re in Milwaukee attending a Cubs/Brewers game. (50 coppers and firemen). In front of us sits the long haired grubby person. He lights up a joint,which doesn`t bother us but he exhales his smoke onto a father and his young son sitting in front of him The father politely asked the grubby one to please not blow the MJ smoke on him and his son. The grubby one responds with the F-Bomb. The father just turned away to watch the game and the grubby one intentionally blew more smoke on them.

What the grubby one didn`t know that my pal Terry was observing it all.

Terry,not saying one word, got up and walked up to the dope smoker and threw one punch. Knocked him out along with several of his teeth:).

Terry looked at us,smiled, and said "I`ll see you back in Chicago".

To ALL you rude cruisers: Terry enjoys cruising.

Rich

This is something that makes me nervous. My friend is a "Terry". If someone is blatant to him, he won't hesitate to let it be known it isn't acceptable. He can be the nicest person ever but he wouldn't put up with that kind of behavior. I wouldn't want him to get into a physical confrontation because this is a VACATION but some people just ask for it.

heard a funny story about rudeness from my brother. They were at an all inclusive a few weeks ago. Apparently the norm is to get up at 6am, run down to the beach, plop your towel on the beach chair and go back to bed. Well, this time they ran into a large group of Germans who at the end of the day took out a lock and a large chain and locked up a dozen chairs in one big pile. Gee whiz, the lengths people will go to. I often wondered why they don't put 2 beach chairs in each room with the room number in them. You could take it back and forth yourself. Anyway, kinda of topic but a funny story on rudeness.

Well I guess you could call me a TERRY then. But I have a way of making people miserable without resorting to PHYSICAL VIOLENCE. However I am able to defend myself quite well. 6'3" and 270# and work out reguarly. Also know enough LAW to keep myself out of trouble.

JERKS are so much fun to play with. They think they know everything & control everything about themselves. I love to laugh watching them foam at the mouth.

CHAIRHOGS beware, if I am onboard you will lose !!!!

This is something that makes me nervous. My friend is a "Terry". If someone is blatant to him, he won't hesitate to let it be known it isn't acceptable. He can be the nicest person ever but he wouldn't put up with that kind of behavior. I wouldn't want him to get into a physical confrontation because this is a VACATION but some people just ask for it.

Well I guess you could call me a TERRY then. But I have a way of making people miserable without resorting to PHYSICAL VIOLENCE. However I am able to defend myself quite well. 6'3" and 270# and work out reguarly. Also know enough LAW to keep myself out of trouble.

JERKS are so much fun to play with. They think they know everything & control everything about themselves. I love to laugh watching them foam at the mouth.

CHAIRHOGS beware, if I am onboard you will lose !!!!

Guess I better get my boots on. Sheet getting deep on this thread.

Theyre everywhere! I was on a 14 day sea princess cruise a couple years ago that was mostly populated with what seemed like american hating Brits. I had one lady on an elevator say "excuse me, could you take another lift? I feel as though my personal space is being crowded by war mongering americans" Yep must be all 400 americans on board were crowding the b!tch! And in the buffet the next day a rude gent who just walked in the dining room saw me heading toward an empty table with a full tray of food when he litrally busted into a full run and threw his hat on the table right in front of me. He truned his back and walked to get in line for food, poor guy came back to find his hat in the bin of dirty dishes on the corner. By far the very worst cruise Ive ever been on as this anti american sentiment semed to be everwhere I went the whole trip

heard a funny story about rudeness from my brother. They were at an all inclusive a few weeks ago. Apparently the norm is to get up at 6am, run down to the beach, plop your towel on the beach chair and go back to bed. Well, this time they ran into a large group of Germans who at the end of the day took out a lock and a large chain and locked up a dozen chairs in one big pile. Gee whiz, the lengths people will go to. I often wondered why they don't put 2 beach chairs in each room with the room number in them. You could take it back and forth yourself. Anyway, kinda of topic but a funny story on rudeness.

This is why (on land based vacations) I go to the nearest store and buy a cheap lounge chair. I just carry it down to the beach each day and plop myself right in a prime spot. So sorry if you "claimed" your prime waterfront spot with a towel at 6am, if my body is there first...... tough.

GOOD JOB on the Hat trick !!!!

Theyre everywhere! I was on a 14 day sea princess cruise a couple years ago that was mostly populated with what seemed like american hating Brits. I had one lady on an elevator say "excuse me, could you take another lift? I feel as though my personal space is being crowded by war mongering americans" Yep must be all 400 americans on board were crowding the b!tch! And in the buffet the next day a rude gent who just walked in the dining room saw me heading toward an empty table with a full tray of food when he litrally busted into a full run and threw his hat on the table right in front of me. He truned his back and walked to get in line for food, poor guy came back to find his hat in the bin of dirty dishes on the corner. By far the very worst cruise Ive ever been on as this anti american sentiment semed to be everwhere I went the whole trip

Why can't people just do what we are taught in elementary school? When you are done using something, leave it to share with others. If everyone did this then I bet there wouldn't be a chair problem. When you get to the pool, find a chair. When you go to eat lunch, leave the chair for the next person. How simple is that???

First off Kudos on tossing the guys hat.

Second did you remind Princess Margret Rose in the elevator that if it wasn't for us war mongers she would be speaking German and goose stepping.

First off Kudos on tossing the guys hat.

Second did you remind Princess Margret Rose in the elevator that if it wasn't for us war mongers she would be speaking German and goose stepping.

No but that was the topic of discussion amongst the other elevator occupants after she left.

I think I'd rather cruise with the OP's "rude guy" than with many of you.

Really, I'm hoping a lot of you are kidding with your stories. "Someone once did something slightly rude, so I did XXXXX horrible thing in return, look how much of a better person I am! ISN'T IT FUNNY?!!!!".

Quite frankly, no. Ugh.

I wish I were on a cruise like this... It would be so much fun to toy with them and their ridiculous attitude.. and by no means do I feel this is exclusive or representative of Brits... I think it is exclusive and representative of idiots.. and I love the intellectually challenged!- They give me so much amusement in between Trivia and dinner

I think i am going to buy a couple copies of the book, 'Everything I needed to know, I learned in Kindergarten" and leave copies in various places on board...

Did you remind her that, as allies, we entered this just, liberating conflict together? Hello...thank God for Tony Blair...& Margaret Thatcher as well!! I would have looked her in the eye, smiled and suggested she move to France! (after I pressed all the floor buttons on the "lift").

FYI, we have taken the Princess 14 day cruises a few times. Typical is 400 Americans to 1200 Brits. FLL to FLL with Barbados at the half way point. At Barbados, all the Brits debark and 1200 new Brits board. We always sit at large tables. On one cruise we had 2 American couples and 2 Brit couples for half the trip. The only rudeness came from the other American woman. On all the other trips we were the only Americans at a table with 3 Brit couples. We did excursions with them, had cocktails with them, and other Brits, and had great cruises. One couple we will be visiting in England. Never any anti-Americanism by any one. Even by the one young Scotsman that I never did understand a single word he said. And his wife said he was speaking slowly so I would understand!:D

We had good roll calls before the cruises with excellent turnouts on board, both US and Brit.

I think the only people that have a sense of humor to rival the Brits are Bavarians.

Dan

I wish I were on a cruise like this... It would be so much fun to toy with them and their ridiculous attitude.. and by no means do I feel this is exclusive or representative of Brits... I think it is exclusive and representative of idiots.. and I love the intellectually challenged!- They give me so much amusement in between Trivia and dinner

I think i am going to buy a couple copies of the book, 'Everything I needed to know, I learned in Kindergarten" and leave copies in various places on board...

I totally agree with you Toni! I too would enjoy toying with them. I don't think that they are idiots, however.....just arrogant in their own little "bubble-ized" way.

Archived