Question re: parking at Brooklyn Cruise Port

edgee

We have booked Eastbound Transatlantic on QM 2 for October 9. We are planning on driving from our home 4 hours away morning of cruise and parking at the Brooklyn cruise port. Following our 6 day Transatlantic cruise we will spend 3 days in the UK, fly back to JFK airport, take a cab to the cruise port and pick up our car. We are okay with the cost of parking; main concern is whether there is any chance the parking lot will be full when we arrive, and what alternatives we would have if that were the case. Our flight back is due to arrive early afternoon on a Sunday, but we wonder also if there are any restrictions getting our car out of the lot if we arrive at a late night hour due to plane delays. Any advice from those who have had experience parking at Brooklyn cruise port would be appreciated. Thanks!

It is my understanding that the parking lot is only open on days when the ships (Cunard and Princess) are sailing, thus your car may not be able to be redeemed, so to speak! Best check by calling. Google NY Port Authority for a phone number.

B.

I can't answer all of your questions unfortunately but we have parked at the Brooklyn termnal for a 10 day cruise and had no problems with leaving the car there. Security appears to be good.

As to hours for retrieval of the cars, you can check here and find out.

http://www.nycruise.com/parkBKN.html

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

July 30, 2009....transatlantic again...some “Affairs” just get better

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

We have booked Eastbound Transatlantic on QM 2 for October 9. We are planning on driving from our home 4 hours away morning of cruise and parking at the Brooklyn cruise port. Following our 6 day Transatlantic cruise we will spend 3 days in the UK, fly back to JFK airport, take a cab to the cruise port and pick up our car. We are okay with the cost of parking; main concern is whether there is any chance the parking lot will be full when we arrive, and what alternatives we would have if that were the case. Our flight back is due to arrive early afternoon on a Sunday, but we wonder also if there are any restrictions getting our car out of the lot if we arrive at a late night hour due to plane delays. Any advice from those who have had experience parking at Brooklyn cruise port would be appreciated. Thanks!

I answered this on the East coast threads. I suggest you park at the airport so your car will be there when you arrive and cab from the airport parking to the port on the day of embarkation....

I would also agree that parking at the airport would be more convenient on the return. I believe that the long term parking at JFK is $12 or $15/day, and can be reached from any of the JFK terminals by AirTrain.

However, I have also parked at the Brooklyn Cruise terminal as I came across on a Transatlantic westbound and it was most convenient to have my car waiting for our arrival. There are plenty of parking spaces and all parking was fenced and secure. I actually dropped my car off, I had to show the security guard that I was sailing back to Brooklyn with our cruise ticket, and had a car take us to JFK to fly to England for a few days prior to the TA.

I also plan on doing the same in July, as we are sailing her again and we love the convenience of the car being 50 yards away from the pier.

Good Luck....

Archived