Hotels closest to Port of Miami

jeaniebelle

Wondering if the port is closer to downtown Miami or closer to the airport. I've been looking at maps while looking for hotels and don't see where Port of Miami is? Obviously it's east but is it North or South of the airport? Does any one know which hotels are close to the Port?

We are going to be staying at the HI-POM which is apprx 1/2 mile from the port. It is directly across the street from the Bayside Market Place, which is supposed to be pretty nice. It has lots of restaurants/bars and a shopping mall too. I also believe there is a Intercontinental apprx 4 blocks from that too. Hotel rates are a little expensive in that area, but we got a rate of $150. Oh, to answer your question, the port is closer to downtown Miami rather than the airport, which there isn't much around the airport, that is one reason we chose the HI. Hope this helps!

Wondering if the port is closer to downtown Miami or closer to the airport. I've been looking at maps while looking for hotels and don't see where Port of Miami is? Obviously it's east but is it North or South of the airport? Does any one know which hotels are close to the Port?

The Port of Miami is closest to downtown Miami but that is not the best area to stay in. There are many nicer areas of Miami with more to do.

BlueHerons,

Where would you suggest staying for the night before the cruise. We are sailing on the Century in early April and also driving down from Tampa. I want spend the day before relaxing with a nice pool or beach and do not want to spend a fortune. Is there a place that would let me keep my car at the hotel while we cruise or is the POM my onl choice for parking?

Thanks in advance!

BlueHerons,

Where would you suggest staying for the night before the cruise. We are sailing on the Century in early April and also driving down from Tampa. I want spend the day before relaxing with a nice pool or beach and do not want to spend a fortune. Is there a place that would let me keep my car at the hotel while we cruise or is the POM my onl choice for parking?

Thanks in advance!

TravelZoo has the Inter-continental hotel for $99 thru April. This is a steal on a 4* hotel that is very near the port. Sorry can't help you with the parking.

BlueHerons,

Thanks in advance!

You'll have to call the beach hotels and ask or maybe someone on this board has had luck with a park and cruise deal at the beaches. Doubtful South Beach will have anything because parking is so expensive there.

The Newport Beachside Resort in Sunny Isles is a great place.

The POM is not your only option for parking but in Miami I would not leave my car in an unattended lot.

The Intercontinental is a nice hotel but it is nowhere near the beaches.

The park and sleep hotels are near the airport. Look at Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon. Check at parksleepandfly.com

You won't find any hotels with parking for a reasonable cost for the time you are gone. If you are just doing one pre night and want someplace near the beaches, then plan on parking at the port for $20 a day.

We stayed at the Hyatt Downtown in Feb. this year. It's a nice hotel, can walk to Walgreens for supplies, and maybe 2 miles from the cruise ships. Got a great deal on Priceline (try less than $100). We are staying there again in May.

Archived