PG 7day Tahiti: Which side Port or Starboard have better views?

We have booked a cruise ( 7 day Tahiti) on the PG later this Spring and were curious if a particular side of the ship consistently had "better" views during the week's sailing. I guess "better" to me would mean iconic island views vs open seas or low motus. Anyone have opinions from past experiences?

The one thing about the 7 day cruise is that you are not sailing much - you are overnight mostly.... so - either side is great! especially - since when overnight, they only anchor in 1 area of the ship - so the back drifts from side to side.... it is beautiful - you will love it! we just got home last sunday. :D

Yes..tell us PG fands how the ship is looking. Who are the latest cruise directors and music staff? Just one note on which side is better on the 7 night...sailing into Bora Bora was AMAZING from the port side..just gorgeous! In that lagoon, the ship anchors and you tender into the dock. Don't forget lunch or dinner at Bloody Mary's. :cool:

Thanks to all for your remarks. Very helpful. Turns out our cabin is on Deck 6 (new balconies) on the PORT side, so we will be on our deck for the Bora Bora arrival but be dining on deck 4 for the Tahaa pass-by! Can't wait- 30 days and counting! And yes, we plan a visit to Bloody Mary's!

We were on the recent cruise with Tracy Sue and her husband and I'd agree that either side is spectacular. We were on the port side so we missed the morning sail by of Taha'a, but the 4 of us enjoyed that evening's sail by of Taha'a with cocktails and appetizers on our balcony on the way to Bora Bora just before dinner.

On the sail in to Raiatea the port side is better and you dock on that side as well. Leaving Moorea on the final evening the port side would be better, although about a third of the ship was sitting aft enjoying the sunset anyway.

Bottom line, it really doesn't matter. The ship is small enough that you can always move quickly to a deck with the view you want while cruising, and while anchored at Taha'a, Bora Bora and Moorea it drifts from side to side anyway.

Enjoy!

Hi Wendy and PWC1-

I posted a review on the review board..... the cruise was exceptional! It is truly beautiful, and I can certainly see the beauty in the people, as well.....

Unlike any cruise - as we have been to the caribbean often, we found the people - whether on excursion or just on LaTruck - were fabulous! not one bad people incident - or rude looks, comments....and never felt fearful...which is different than many places in the caribbean.

The vegitation is so beautiful!

I had no disappointments... the PG - fabulous - I would describe as "stately" in it's decore...as the wood and the solid feel of everything gives the ship an "old solid ship"...in a good way! as far as renovations, I don't think there were any but the 6th floor balconies.... everything was as described before the dry dock....-

but any negative comments I read before hand about poor food or service - are totally DE-BUNKED...... it was very excellent, with great company - and new friends!!! :D

thanks for asking - you were such a huge help before hand! thanks!!!!

Archived