cabfare from Vancouver Airport/Canada Place

Blazer2

YVR on their website suggests that cab fare is in the mid $20 range but I would go with the $35 number. However the one thing that I would point out is that most of Vancouver's cabs have been downsized to compact so 2 to 3 pax with luggage is max.

Not a dumb question at all. The cabs will accept US currency but it will not be at the full exchange rate which is currently about 20 cents in your favour, also they will give you you change in CDN funds. If you are going to be in Vancover for a day or so it is often adviseable to go to a currency exhange or ATM at the airport and get a small amount of CDN currency...but not strictly necessary.:)

Can someone give me an idea of the cost of a cab from the airport to Canada Place? Canadian money?

Trying to decide if it's cheaper to take the cruise transfers.

If you're planning to cruise after labour day (tenative start) the brand new subway will take you from Canada Place to YVR for the princely sum of $3.75

Thanks for the info. Yes, I would be interested in the subway from the airport to Canada Place. Where do we go to get more information on it. Yes we are cruising after Labor Day.

Here is the home page for the Canada Line. Here is a Vancouver Sun article which covers the possibility of it opening ahead of schedule.

When we did this a couple of years ago "everyone" on here suggested we take a Limo and not a cab............it was only about five dollars more and no problem with luggage, etc. and it was such a fun surprise for my daughter.

Check them out.

Archived