The Splendor in San Francisco

Wolfie48

Thanks for the pics! She looks awesome! My Mom lives in the Bay and heard Cruise Director Heald on the radio this AM. She said he sounded pretty excited and gave good advice. I guess he is also expecting a baby real soon. Hopefully, he'll be back on board when I sail her in Sept.

Thanks for the pics! She looks awesome! My Mom lives in the Bay and heard Cruise Director Heald on the radio this AM. She said he sounded pretty excited and gave good advice. I guess he is also expecting a baby real soon. Hopefully, he'll be back on board when I sail her in Sept.

The wife and I will be on her just after you in October, Leave us some DOD's :D Hope you have a great cruise!

JH was there in his role as Carnival Brand Ambassador, he is not the CD of the Splendor.

I doubt you will see John on a west coast ship anytime soon, not with the family in the UK.

sorry to say he is supposed to be in Europe then on the new Carnival Dream!!

Thanks so much for the pics! Awesome. Sucks that it was raining today. Were they doing some kind of travel agent coastal or what? We leave on her 4/19 and are really stoked. Will post a trip report on return.

Thanks so much for the pics! Awesome. Sucks that it was raining today. Were they doing some kind of travel agent coastal or what? We leave on her 4/19 and are really stoked. Will post a trip report on return.

Yes it was a cruise to nowhere for TA's from whatI understand. Bet they have some rough water outside the bay? :D

I wonder if the ship was even close to full for this cruise that is basically just floating around the north coast. It's really just going in circles outside the Bay area at 10 knots. Would have I liked to be on it anyway? Sure, I would have been on if offered. I think Carnival could have utilized this 6 day gap until the 27th(John Mayer Cruise) a little better and offered a real cruise for loyal Carnival guests. Plus, it's not like they are basking in the sun, I'll take care of that in Mexico. Not totally sure of the point on the San Francisco thing. For the TA's?? I think the Splendor sells itself.

David

Carnival Cruiseline:

Pride: 3 times

Spirit: 1 time

Elation: 2 times

Paradise: 2 times

Liberty: 1 time

NCL:

Star: 2 times

HAL:

Noordam: 1 time

All cruise lines do TA cruises so the TA's will be better equiped to sell the cruise line and the ship.

I am on the 2 day TA cruise out of Long Beach lucky me. I am not a TA but I do group bookings with a TA Agency in FL and they are sending me and my DH as their representatives. Poor us, and open bar to boot. Hope my liver holds up.:D

I tried to get on the Splendor to preview it and wrote a letter to them with a copy of my brokerage statement. They called and asked what I wanted (left me a message). I wanted to see if I might be able to get on the ship to preview it (I did this in 2001 on Carnival Sprit and got on)(Left them a message). They never responded. I think it would have been nice to sell a 2 day cruise to nowhere or to show the stockholders. They are in choppy seas right now as on the webcam but I would have loved to have gone on it.

I tried to get on the Splendor to preview it and wrote a letter to them with a copy of my brokerage statement. They called and asked what I wanted (left me a message). I wanted to see if I might be able to get on the ship to preview it (I did this in 2001 on Carnival Sprit and got on)(Left them a message). They never responded. I think it would have been nice to sell a 2 day cruise to nowhere or to show the stockholders. They are in choppy seas right now as on the webcam but I would have loved to have gone on it.

No doubt I would have loved to be on her as well! A little choppy water wouldn't bother me at all. Oh well I don't sell enough to rate a ride with the high rollers. But I will enjoy getting on her this fall. :D

Craig & Jack,

Hello my darlin's. Most excellent photos! I would expect nothing less. We are on Splendor 4/19 and are on your honeymoon ship, Ruby, 3/10/10, for a 10 dayer.

Big Hugs,

Sharon

Hugs back at you:) Enjoy the Splendor, she looks like a nice ship. We are open for Spring 2010 as it looks like our Star Princess cruise is cancelled. So you never know you might see us on the Ruby. :rolleyes:

Carnival Splendor was in San Francisco yesterday (March 21, 2009) on her inaugural call. Attached is a link to some of the photos we took: Carnival Splendor in SF

Thanks for the excellent photos. I meant to go down myself but you managed to get every angle I would have wanted. Thank you again, it was the next best thing to being there! David

Archived