Questions re 4-day Destiny sailing

NJ2FL

Just got a super deal for Miami-Key West-Cozumel-Miami on the Destiny in April. two seniors, two adults, two children (ages 6 and 10)

Never sailed on Carnival.

Can we bring our own soft drinks and water on board? (we are driving to Port) What about wine?

Can kids get juice boxes or milk boxes?

As we are six, will we be given our own table for dinner?

Is there shade or umbrellas on the decks near the pools? I can't sit for too long in direct sun.

Will lunch be available when we embark at noon? (Ship sails at 4pm)

How much does Carnival charge for mixed drinks, wine and beer?

Do you think Spa prices are reasonable? What do they charge for a massage or a pedicure?

Are there board games (Scrabble, backgammon) available? If so, can they be taken to pool areas or must they be enjoyed in library or game room?

Thanks!

Just got a super deal for Miami-Key West-Cozumel-Miami on the Destiny in April. two seniors, two adults, two children (ages 6 and 10)

Never sailed on Carnival.

Can we bring our own soft drinks and water on board? (we are driving to Port) What about wine?

Can kids get juice boxes or milk boxes?

You can bring soft drinks in limited amounts. Also one bottle of wine per adult is the rule. Not well enforced.

Milk in boxes and juice from dispensers.

As we are six, will we be given our own table for dinner?

Probably. Just make sure you impress this point on your travel agent.

Is there shade or umbrellas on the decks near the pools? I can't sit for too long in direct sun.

There is a deck above the Lido pool area that has tables you can sit under.

Will lunch be available when we embark at noon? (Ship sails at 4pm)

Yes...all lunch stations are open on the Lido.

How much does Carnival charge for mixed drinks, wine and beer?

Most beers are about $5...Mixed drinks are that and more. Wine depends on what you pick as in any restaurant.

Do you think Spa prices are reasonable? What do they charge for a massage or a pedicure?

Sorry, I don't do the spas.

Are there board games (Scrabble, backgammon) available? If so, can they be taken to pool areas or must they be enjoyed in library or game room?

Have never tried to get a board game from them.

Thanks!

I can answer the board game question somewhat. Our last cruise was on the Fantasy and the library had games and books to use. We played in the library however, you can check the games and books out and play them elsewhere according to the staff member who was there. It was only open for about an hour each day, with the staff member sitting in the room during the time. I assume you jsut return the game or book to the room or to the Pursar's desk. You also may be able to have someone from the desk open the cabients for you. That i'm not 100% about.

Archived