Luna Simone Hotel in London

Hello! We are taking a Scandinavian Cruise late August and our son will be travelling with us. We want to stay in London for a few days, post cruise. Has anyone stayed at the Luna Simone Hotel in London? We are looking for reasonably priced hotels in the Westminster area of central London that have triple occupancy rooms. I know that a few people have posted in the past, but any recent info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

My husband, son and I stayed at at this hotel several years ago for one night. Accommodations were very basic, but clean and adequate. There was a good full English breakfast provided.The manager was very helpful negotiating a taxi price to Paddington Station the next morning when the driver tried to overcharge. The area is very quiet and clean. There was a small convenience store aroung the corner. I would stay there again.:)

My husband, son and I stayed at at this hotel several years ago for one night. Accommodations were very basic, but clean and adequate. There was a good full English breakfast provided.The manager was very helpful negotiating a taxi price to Paddington Station the next morning when the driver tried to overcharge. The area is very quiet and clean. There was a small convenience store aroung the corner. I would stay there again.:)

Thank you for the feedback. Did you find that the hotel was a good location to walk to most things in the area? We had stayed at City Inn Westminster in the past...lovely...but too pricey for 3 people as you must get 2 rooms to accomodate 3 people. We like to see the sights on foot, so looking for a good location.

Hello! We are taking a Scandinavian Cruise late August and our son will be travelling with us. We want to stay in London for a few days, post cruise. Has anyone stayed at the Luna Simone Hotel in London? We are looking for reasonably priced hotels in the Westminster area of central London that have triple occupancy rooms. I know that a few people have posted in the past, but any recent info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Try www.premierinn.com

They are a chain in the UK that is very reasonable and VERY good quality for the price they charge.

They always have 2 double beds in a room.

Not sure how old your son is, but if you say 3 adults in a room it won't let you advance to the next page. So, put in 2 adults, 1 child.

They are a large chain, and are way too busy to check the age of the child going into the room. In fact, I'd just book it for 2 adults, twin beds as they only have double beds anyway (and sometimes a single added or a sofabed).

The rooms are from around £87-£115 in London depending on location.

Personally, I would avoid the smaller type hotels in London as they are not usually a great standard.

Beverley

Try www.premierinn.com

They are a chain in the UK that is very reasonable and VERY good quality for the price they charge.

They always have 2 double beds in a room.

Not sure how old your son is, but if you say 3 adults in a room it won't let you advance to the next page. So, put in 2 adults, 1 child.

They are a large chain, and are way too busy to check the age of the child going into the room. In fact, I'd just book it for 2 adults, twin beds as they only have double beds anyway (and sometimes a single added or a sofabed).

The rooms are from around £87-£115 in London depending on location.

Personally, I would avoid the smaller type hotels in London as they are not usually a great standard.

Beverley

Thanks for the info. We will check this out--really appreciate your suggestions. Our son is an adult so great advice. Thanks.

The Premier Inn and the Luna and Simone are two similarly priced but very different accommodation options. The Luna & Simone is probably the best traditional family run Bed and Breakfast in Central London. The 2 brothers that run the place ensure standards are high and you'll get lots of personal attention and personalised breakfast etc.

The Premier Inn is a no frills, budget chain hotel. Again probably the best chain of its type to stay in, in terms of quality.

We're staying at the Winchester Hotel right near the Luna Simone (same street) after our TA in early May. Frankly, I would make a reservation that can be cancelled and then when you get closer to the time, I might try Priceline with a low bid for a 4* hotel. With the exchange rate of late, the Winchester is running about $135 for 2 people and according to their web site, they have rooms for 3.

• 3 weeks later...

4 of us, all adults stayed in the quad room last Sept. We found this to be a great place to stay. Very reasonable, clean,quiet and the brothers who own and serve the included breakfast are terrific. Can't say enough good things. Victoria Station is about 3 to 4 blocks away. We had dinner at a pub on the corner and enjoyed it very much.

4 of us, all adults stayed in the quad room last Sept. We found this to be a great place to stay. Very reasonable, clean,quiet and the brothers who own and serve the included breakfast are terrific. Can't say enough good things. Victoria Station is about 3 to 4 blocks away. We had dinner at a pub on the corner and enjoyed it very much.

Thank you for the feedback! We have booked the Luna Simone for our 4 nights in London...it seems like a great location. Valerie

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My brother and I stayed at Luna and Simone for 4 days in June.

One side (not certain if it was the Luna or the Simone side) has been remodeled and the other not. Neither side has air conditioning but does have a fan. Very basic (think dorm room), but clean, friendly and with an amazing location (you can walk to the victoria station). If price is a consideration I would think you would be happy with this hotel.

Archived