Dress code question for specialty restaurants

kywildcatfanone

Hi folks,

I replied to a post in another thread where someone said that the specialty restaurants (Crown Grill, Sabbatini's) did not adhere to the formal night dress code. I'm trying to figure out if that is true or not. I've always been under the impression that the dress code, whatever it is, is the same for all restaurants, except for the Horizon Court.

My wife and I don't take clothes for formal night, just not our thing, and have always gone to the Horizon Court on formal nights. However, we would look at one of the specialty restaurants on formal night, if formal wear wasn't a requirement. So, can you dress smart casual in the specialty restaurants on formal night?

Thanks,

Mike

Yes, smart casual is fully acceptable any night in the specialty restaurants.

Coracii, thanks so much. I'm not sure how I missed that. Do you need reservations as well? If so, do you call down to the restaurant itself to make them? Now I need to find the menus for them so I can plan.

Mike

Coracii, thanks so much. I'm not sure how I missed that. Do you need reservations as well? If so, do you call down to the restaurant itself to make them? Now I need to find the menus for them so I can plan.

Mike

Call the DINE line from your stateroom for reservations. Depending on the night, there have been times we have been able to dine at the specialty restaurants without a reservation (if our time is flexible). But it is much safer to choose the night and make your reservations ahead of time.

Oh please, don't get him all worked up again, it's been so nice the last couple of weeks without him argueing on every dress code thread. ;) ;)

Thank you Toto - I realise that I am not considered an expert on Princess cruises. This may be my last post - it appears that most of you just use this forum for entertainment and are not interested in facts - SO - goodby and good luck in your future cruises, I will no longer bother you with the knowledge I have gained in my past 23 cruises on several of the Princess fleet. It seems it has no meaning anymore.

Ron

Oh please, don't get him all worked up again, it's been so nice the last couple of weeks without him argueing on every dress code thread. ;) ;)

Oh, OK. Was my original question controversial? I usually try to avoid getting into controversial conversations, as it usually spirals into personal preferences, and not everyone agrees....

Mike

Thank you Toto - I realise that I am not considered an expert on Princess cruises. This may be my last post - it appears that most of you just use this forum for entertainment and are not interested in facts - SO - goodby and good luck in your future cruises, I will no longer bother you with the knowledge I have gained in my past 23 cruises on several of the Princess fleet. It seems it has no meaning anymore.

Ron

I think it stems from those that wish to dispute your knowledge and offer up their own experiences based on what they get away with, which is not the same as what Princess guidelines state.

Admittedly, I too think the forum as changed a bit over the years but overall--I think it's valuable information (your opinion included!).

And to the OP, I do think you'll be fine in the specialty restaurant, at least you'll be dressed "casual resort wear," which to me is fine but not in the MDR, which you obviously adhere to and it is appreciated!

Take care Ron and I certainly hope you won't hold back... :)

Happy cruising to all,

VB1

Oh, OK. Was my original question controversial? I usually try to avoid getting into controversial conversations, as it usually spirals into personal preferences, and not everyone agrees....

Mike

Your question was not in any way controversial, but any question about clothing in dining rooms always deteriorates into the same debate and usually ends up with the thread being locked. People have firm opinions and have no hesitation in sharing them. Like Toto2Kansas suggested, I usually call the DINE line on the first day and make reservation(s) for the specialty restaurant and I usually have traditional dining instead of anytime so I'll tell the dining room staff not to expect me that night. Hope you enjoy your cruise.

And to the OP, I do think you'll be fine in the specialty restaurant, at least you'll be dressed "casual resort wear," which to me is fine but not in the MDR, which you obviously adhere to and it is appreciated!VB1

During our last cruise, we noticed that many people dressed resort casual/casual in the dining rooms on formal nights. Come to think of it, this past cruise was the most laid back, casual dressed I've been on. It was actually very refreshing. Still love to dress up though!!:D

Ron

Is this a promise? :p

Archived