Weather in November

mrobinson

I know that Oct/Nov is more rainy season for Panama Canal cruise. We are thinking of going early Nov 2009-(due to vacation availablity/ prices).

However if it is going to rain non-stop or be miserable weather than we might want to rethink it - and hold off until Feb 2010.

How bad is the rain - is it non stop rain all the time. Quick rain showers like in Florida

Anyone cruise in Nov before in Panama that could give me an idea?

Mary

There is more chance it will rain in Oct/Nov than February but I would not let that be the determining factor. November is a transitional month and good chance you'll have decent weather. All day gully washers are not the norm, usually passing showers is what you will find. By February the dry season is fairly well established but with that said, it can and does rain in the dry season as well. I think you will have a good trip whatever time frame you choose.

I'm on an October canal cruise, and have decided that the rain will be part of the experience. If you read "Pathways between the seas" by David McCullough you will hear stories about the rain and the canal that are just awesome. Happy cruising.

Thanks everyone - that make me feel better. Just wanted to make sure that if we did the 11/10/09 Princess 10 day cruise -we weren't making a big error on timing.

We are still trying to determine if we want to do another Caribbean cruise or a Panama one. We've done about 5 caribbean cruises and we love the beach and snorkeling. But it might be fun to try something quite different with Panama

Archived