Bermuda from NYC or NJ - Opinions Welcomed, and Appreciated

JessInNY

Hello All,

Can someone please help me decide the best ship/itinerary for Bermuda out of NYC or NJ. I have only ever been on Princess.

We are looking for a 5-day cruise - any opinions on which ship is best, what dates (June or September)?

All info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Have a nice day.

JessInNY

Hello All,

Can someone please help me decide the best ship/itinerary for Bermuda out of NYC or NJ. I have only ever been on Princess.

We are looking for a 5-day cruise - any opinions on which ship is best, what dates (June or September)?

Have a nice day.

JessInNY

Hi Jess.

We're going down with a CC Group in June on the Dawn which is a 7 day. NCL has FreeStyle which is a big plus while being docked in Bermuda! I'm pretty sure the one from NJ is a 5 dayer. If I were you I'd compare the two ships and prices and make my decision that way! The more time in Bermuda the better!;) We're from upstate as well!:D

Thank you very much! Do you believe NCL is the best cruise line going to Bermuda? Have a great cruise!!!!

I have been to Bermuda four times-three on NCL and once on RC. Its NCL hands down because of time in Bermuda. In fact there is two other things you can do....which is drive to either Boston of Phily to go to Bermuda too. Look at the prices for those as well and parking is much much cheaper in either Boston or Phily.... Phily and Boston aren't that far a drive(I am going out of Phily again this fall)....all these are NCL ships as well.

I have been to Bermuda four times-three on NCL and once on RC. Its NCL hands down because of time in Bermuda. In fact there is two other things you can do....which is drive to either Boston of Phily to go to Bermuda too. Look at the prices for those as well and parking is much much cheaper in either Boston or Phily.... Phily and Boston aren't that far a drive(I am going out of Phily again this fall)....all these are NCL ships as well.

Which ships sail out of Philly? Are they the smaller ones? Do they have good kids activities?

Which ships sail out of Philly? Are they the smaller ones? Do they have good kids activities?

NCL Majesty sails to Bermuda out of Philly in 2009. Yes, it's a "smaller" ship. The kids activities are not on par with the larger ships.

Hello All,

Have a nice day.

JessInNY

If you're willing to wait until 2010, Holland America's Veendam will be sailing out of NY to Bermuda, 7 days, with port calls at Hamilton & St George. It sails on Sunday, arrives in Bermuda on Tuesday morning and leaves Bermuda Friday afternoon, arriving back in NY Sunday morning. Having sailed to Bermuda multiple times, I find this itinerary far superior than the bigger ships that have to dock at Kings Wharf.

If you're willing to wait until 2010, Holland America's Veendam will be sailing out of NY to Bermuda, 7 days, with port calls at Hamilton & St George. It sails on Sunday, arrives in Bermuda on Tuesday morning and leaves Bermuda Friday afternoon, arriving back in NY Sunday morning. Having sailed to Bermuda multiple times, I find this itinerary far superior than the bigger ships that have to dock at Kings Wharf.

Thanks for the information. I will definitely start looking into this. We did this itinerary once before, on Celebrity, before they stopped running it, and loved it. However, we've never been on Holland America...we've been on Celebrity nine times and Princess twice.

Thanks for the information. I will definitely start looking into this. We did this itinerary once before, on Celebrity, before they stopped running it, and loved it. However, we've never been on Holland America...we've been on Celebrity nine times and Princess twice.

We're also planning on sailing Holland America in summer 2010. Enjoy the fact that it's only one sea day going and one coming back... more time in Bermuda :D and also it will dock in Hamilton and St. Georges as opposed to Kings Wharf.

Celebrity Summit will be cruising to Bermuda starting late April of 2010, departing from Cape Liberty.

Also the Enchantment of the Seas will be sailing from Norfolk and alternating 5 days in Bermuda with 9 day Eastern Carib.

Quite a few more options seem to be opening up....hopefully it will drive the price down a little bit!!:)

Edit: the Enchantment is out of Norfolk until mid May and then moves to Baltimore until end of August

Archived