Radisson Hotel Norfolk any comments?

alex_drew

We've booked the Radisson Hotel Norfolk for our March sailing. I saw it mentioned briefly on these boards by someone who wasn't going to spend the night, but mentioned that it had a cruise package so we booked this hotel. Since then I've seen one other hotel mentioned on this site for Norfolk cruise packages, but not the Radisson, so was just interested in any feedback on this hotel (or others with a cruise package). Thanks.

We were originally booked at the Radisson. After reading some negative comments we did some research. A group of about 10 of us all chose the Holiday Inn Select. It was a very nice place. They let you park your car there for the week. Seems to be a safer location than the Radisson. They shuttled us to the ship and when we arrived back we called and they came and picked us up. I thought this was a great bargain. The room with breakfast vouchers was 139.00. If you park at the pier its 12.00 a day. A day day cruise 120.00, room and shuttle 139.00......... Not a math wiz here but sounds like a deal tough to beat.

JohnR49er,

thanks so much for your input. The Radisson has a cruise deal, too, where you park your car for the duration, get breakfast and shuttle to and from the pier. I had read about it in a post on the boards ages ago, but the person didn't stay there because they were just on a 3 or 4 day cruise and it wouldn't have been economically sound for them, but I thought the price was good for us for a 10 night cruise and booked it, but then talked with a friend who mentioned that some areas of Norfolk are "iffy" and that is why I was wondering if anyone had any experience there. I don't want to spend the cruise worrying about whether or not our car is safe. Thanks again for taking the time to give me your sound advice. I count on these boards for steering me in the right (safe/best) direction.

Archived