Amenities in bathroom on Allegra

jonad

(I just posted this question in Roll calls by mistake:()

Our cruise to Asia departs in less than 2 weeks, so I've started packing and wondering what bathroom amenities are provided. We've had shower gel and shampoo in dispensers in the shower on past cruises.

I don't mind either way, just wondering what to pack.

Any help appreciated.

Others have asked for a review as well, so I'm planning a long and detailed one on our return. We are back on the 18th April, so it will be soon after that.

I'm really looking forward to forming my own opinion after some of the 'not so good reviews'.

Stay tuned!

Hi Jonad

We are from Perth and are going on the 16th May - so any info on "Aussie" prices would be good - wondered though if anyone has paid their shipboard account with TRAVELEX visa - we use that everywhere - though we have never used it to pay a cruise account - (can't think why)

Enjoy your cruise - everything is what you make of it.

regards

Dizzy1948

Oh thats interesting. How did you find out she was in dry dock?

If you checked their webcam some days ago, in the Costa website, you could see her into the dry dock. I asked, and they confirmed it to me saying it was a regular maintenance work.

Others have asked for a review as well, so I'm planning a long and detailed one on our return. We are back on the 18th April, so it will be soon after that.

I'm really looking forward to forming my own opinion after some of the 'not so good reviews'.

Stay tuned!

We are sailing on the Allegra in June, will await your comments eagerly. Hope you have a good time.

If you checked their webcam some days ago, in the Costa website, you could see her into the dry dock. I asked, and they confirmed it to me saying it was a regular maintenance work.

I am wondering if she will lose her Chinese signage whilst in drydock, seeing as she is leaving the Far East in April 2010....I am on the 5 week long cruise from Singapore to Savona and she is then going straight into Med cruises without any drydock planned at least til late November 2010 - itineraries for December 2010 & beyond are not available.

The webcams are off for the time being, the images below are a few days old now and show her to be in Sembawang drydock, Singapore.

allegra.jpg.62e65e1d62f5c33f9c75b8a8617c035b.jpg

allegra1.jpg.5f0c223083a3b0fdbe436dd7bdefa8bc.jpg

Hi Jonad

Especially drinks!! I know you are doing the X1 package - but I like to tipple a cocktail or three in the evenings - some cruises do two for $15.00 (example only - not a real price)

or "happy hour" - so I would be interested to know if Costa do this. The X1 package is still an option - I will wait for your report on that.

Regards Dizzy

Oh, you like a cockatail or three, no wonder your name's 'dizzy':D:D!!!

I will certainly be taking notes on prices of drinks and anything else with a $ sign on it.

I intend to have a pad and pen with me at all times!!!

Thanks for the photos of the ship in dry dock. I will keep an eye out for the chinese signage and let you know.

I might have to take a very large note pad with all the notes I'll be taking!!:p

Hi Jonad

Hee Hee - never thought of being dizzy in that respect - but why not?

Just a quick one - there has been a review done on the Allegra for January - and it was noted there were no bathroom amenities - as in shampoo etc. Don't know if you have organized your plugs - but BCF camping have the world set for $49.90 - we got ours in Midland

Have a good one

Hi Jonad. Just got back from 14 day asia cruise on allegra. Take sham and con. Also take insect repellant and sunscreen.When you get off ship in jakarta write down name off the port, as they have a heap of ports and everyone got lost. Enjoy your cruise we did

Thanks Oscar4 for that information. I'm packing at the moment, we leave tomorrow night. On the formal nights did anyone wear a formal suit with a bow tie? My husband has one and we usually take it cruising (its a chance to wear it). If you can answer before tomorrow night it would be good.

We don't go to Jakarta on our cruise.

Jonad

Hi Oscar4, Thanks for your reply. Good to hear there were bowties, so hubby won't be alone.

I thought you were a guy, obviously not!!!:rolleyes:

All packed and ready to go.

Jonad

Archived