Redoubt is Blowing it's top.

ARRTrain

Isn't it kind of ironic that we are from Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas and we are worrying about a volcano. Tornados are the word of the day in the spring in these states.:eek: May we all be unaffected!:)

We have never been to Alaska so I'm not familiar on this volcano eruption situation, we are sailing from Seattle to Alaska our ports are Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan if the volcano were to erupt would that put a damper on our trip? We will be there last few days of May and the first week of June :confused: Thanks so much.

Redoubt will not be an issue for you on a roundtrip Seattle cruise. You won't be going anywhere near Mt. Redoubt.

Redoubt will not be an issue for you on a roundtrip Seattle cruise. You won't be going anywhere near Mt. Redoubt.

Since we stop in Seward and then head for Kodiak, we will actually be pretty close to Redoubt, although not as close as those in Homer, Whittier, or Anchorage.

Texans are supposed to be tough cowboys/cowgirls. Maybe we can all band together and wrap a rope around the mouth of the mountain to keep it from blowing so everyone can enjoy their cruise season. :D

Jim - Didn't you used to live in Las Vegas or am I mistaken? When did you move to McKinney? I moved to Frisco, TX about a year ago and now moving again - this time CA.

I'm in Plano. I work for JCPenney Home Office. I actually live in Wylie.

Well, I might as well join the Texas crowd! I'm from Dallas--born and raised. We currently live in Southwest Dallas.

We leave Monday morning for our cruise on Celebrity!

Have a wonderful time.

Well, I might as well join the Texas crowd! I'm from Dallas--born and raised. We currently live in Southwest Dallas.

We leave Monday morning for our cruise on Celebrity!

bless your little heart. I have heard that in Texas you are permitted to say anything you want about anyone as long as you finish it with "bless their little heart." Is that true? :p

bless your little heart. I have heard that in Texas you are permitted to say anything you want about anyone as long as you finish it with "bless their little heart." Is that true? :p

You heard right, "bless your little heart" is used a lot here.:p

Dad passed away several years ago, but spent his last 5 years in DeSoto and Rowlett after Mom passed away. He reunited with an old flame from 1948 when they went to ACU and he re-married. A whole story in itself that got into People Magazine!

(Stepmom, a TX native, says "Bless your little heart" ! )

It looks like there is still snow and ice on the volcano. If it is so hot inside - why isn't that melted? Also, will it only blow ash or will there be lava? :confused:

If it looks like there is a lot of snow and ice on Redoubt take a look at this picture (taken this morning) of Mt Augustine - smoking (look close) for years - just a few miles away from Redoubt. http://www.avo.alaska.edu/webcam/Augustine_-_island.php

augtst.jpg

So how is the great Redoubt doing today.:confused:

Redoubt Volcano Latest Observations

2009-05-15 07:25:10

The 2009 eruption of Redoubt continues. Seismicity at the volcano remains low compared with earlier phases of the eruption. Rock falls and vigorous steaming continue from the lava dome and summit crater.

AVO continues to monitor Redoubt's activity 24/7.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Archived