Roll call (leg(s)) of the) Seabourn Odyssey World Cruise 2010

sassyw

I booked the Hong Kong to Dubai portion last year cruising around SA. Now preying they have mercy on us passengers and reduce the price a bit to just crazy expensive. The good news is today I snagged a couple of J-class seats to HK on points, a difficult thing to do these days. I'm excited to go, but it seems pretty extravagant in these tough times, so hopefully things pick up and I won't feel guilty traveling.

Thank would be great Marja! What happened to Rene? How did you get him to change his mind and possibly go such a long distance? Sorry to hear you are still in pain. Let's hope it eases soon!!

Shelagh

Hi Shelagh!

We won't go - too soon (or too late?) for us.

My parents, children...... etc.

We'll leave the bookings as they are now, which of course I'm very happy with. I would not really want to miss the final Legend crossing as well and the Winter Olympics....... But it was very tempting!

I hope you will have a fantastic time!

Marja

Marja,

You hit on a sore spot for me....missing the Winter Olympics as I am a big fan. However I decided I'm a bigger fan of Seabourn and I'm hoping there'll be some events available for viewing as we cruise.

Hi Shelagh!

We won't go - too soon (or too late?) for us.

My parents, children...... etc.

We'll leave the bookings as they are now, which of course I'm very happy with. I would not really want to miss the final Legend crossing as well and the Winter Olympics....... But it was very tempting!

I hope you will have a fantastic time!

Marja

What a shame Marja. That would have been fun! Have a wonderful time on the crossing and say hello to anybody that we might know!

Shelagh

What a shame Marja. That would have been fun! Have a wonderful time on the crossing and say hello to anybody that we might know!

Shelagh

I will certainly do that Shelagh, thank you!

And you never know; circumstances could change for better or for worse, to make us decide to go on this half world cruise! Life is a roller coaster!

Marja

We are booked on the January 2010 world cruise 108 days. First time on Seabourn and a smaller ship so should be interesting!

Looking forward to meeting you. We will be on for 59 days.

SassyW:)

• 2 weeks later...

With two of us so far on the 108 days and several on various legs - will there be any way of meeting up once on board? I read that some ships have Cruise Critic meetings so that those interested can introduce themselves to each other. I'm a first timer on Seabourn too so its unknown territory! :confused: Does anyone know?

Hi Yabber:

My wife and I are also booked on the entire world cruse. We had previously booked the world curse last year but due to medical reasons could not make it. Saling on the Seabourn is fantastic. the food, service and fellow passengers are exceptional. I do not know of any Cruse Critic meeting. Hope to meet fellow passengers and share our experiences.

Generally, the CC meetings are on the larger ships. I am sure that the Odyssey will have a nifty spot for those here to meet and greet. Usually one carries a rose between the teeth to be recognized, but I am sure there are other ways. On the Triplets, we just usually meet at the SkyBar after the muster drill or in the Constellation Lounge the next morning (or first sea day). It's great fun to put faces to screen names.

Hi Yabber:

My wife and I are also booked on the entire world cruse. We had previously booked the world curse last year but due to medical reasons could not make it. Saling on the Seabourn is fantastic. the food, service and fellow passengers are exceptional. I do not know of any Cruse Critic meeting. Hope to meet fellow passengers and share our experiences.

Hi there

Great to know you are coming along, also ramses51 from Switzerland, and hope to meet you all at the Gala Ball on January 4th. Look out for our English accents and my husband walking with two sticks. I just float about with a big smile on my face in anticipation. Glad you can recommend Seabourn! Will look for SassyW joining us at Sydney.

Alan and Marion.:D

Hi there

Great to know you are coming along, also ramses51 from Switzerland, and hope to meet you all at the Gala Ball on January 4th. Look out for our English accents and my husband walking with two sticks. I just float about with a big smile on my face in anticipation. Glad you can recommend Seabourn! Will look for SassyW joining us at Sydney.

Alan and Marion.:D

We are counting the months (10 now for us). Are so excited. Have been on many cruises but never the Seabourn.

SassyW

• 5 months later...
I will certainly do that Shelagh, thank you!

And you never know; circumstances could change for better or for worse, to make us decide to go on this half world cruise! Life is a roller coaster!

Marja

To come back to this (Shelagh knows already), guess what?

René and I are booked LA to Hong Kong.....

Very excited! Well, I am .... René will just join me. However he is not too bad this time!

Marja

• 2 weeks later...

We will be there as well, and we have only 101 days (4 hours, 15minutes) to wait until we'll embark in LA for the 33 days until Sydney.

And waiting is hard!

See you all sailors in LA!

Regards from Cologne

Chris

Archived