Roll call (leg(s)) of the) Seabourn Odyssey World Cruise 2010

sassyw

We will be there as well, and we have only 101 days (4 hours, 15minutes) to wait until we'll embark in LA for the 33 days until Sydney.

And waiting is hard!

See you all sailors in LA!

Regards from Cologne

Chris

Waiting can be very hard......... especially if you have to do some cruising in between........:D

Marja

• 1 month later...

Seabourn has announced that the Master on board the Odyssey for the World Cruise will be Captain Mark Dexter.

The Hotel Manager will be Vitor Alves and the cruise director is Barry Hopkins.

Seabourn have created a special World Cruise internet package that will give access for the entire time on board.

The first Seabourn World Cruise is something very special !! Just a few weeks....

I have just booked 6 tours for each of us as part of the LA-HK cruise we have booked. The luggage pickup of 5 Jan is arranged as well and we have decided that the internet package (which does not appear to be book-able online) is a good value for our purposes.

Almost all set!

Regards

Hello Seamates,

We will be joining you in LA to Sidney. I am curious to know if it will require warm clothing to Hawaii? How about the added adventure in NZ? We are looking forward to the crossing Pacific style. We love the French Polynesian portion, having done it before. FAC

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,:D

I've been looking out for all the CC's who will be on the Odyssey maiden world cruise - and there appears to be quite a few of us since my last post in April.

Alan and I are very excited as time nears for our journey to F.L. and the Gala Ball. We are looking forward to meeting everyone.

We are on for the 108 days and I will need internet access so I hope it is efficient.

Just off to prepare for letting the New Year in with champagne now - as a dress rehearsal for our cruise. (It's 5.00pm here in the UK)

Happy New Year to you all.:)

Marion

Happy New Year to all -

I am very concerned about the posts I have been reading regarding vibration on the Odyssey!

Does anyone have any information on this - the passengers on the last cruise are suggesting there is a big problem.:(

Marion

Happy New Year to all -

I am very concerned about the posts I have been reading regarding vibration on the Odyssey!

Does anyone have any information on this - the passengers on the last cruise are suggesting there is a big problem.:(

Marion

Yes,there is a vibration problem,although some that have sailed would rather ignore it and say nothing.The vibration is speed related,engineers are aware and aboard but it will not be solved until the ship is in dry dock.

I sailed for five weeks in the summer and noticed it mainly after we had left port for about two hours into the evening.It did in no way spoil my cruise and some days the vibration was not evident.There were many other things that annoyed me more than the vibration but a new ship will always have teething problems.Have a look at the Silversea Silver Spirit which is having a lot of service and quality issues at present.

No ship is totally vibration free,I remember well the vibration that the Queen Elizabeth 2 had, and she was a fantastic liner that is sadly missed.

On the Odyssey MaidenTA Crossing we had only 9 1/2 days to Cross from Malaga to Ft Laud, instead of the 12 days. The 1st Officer's SPED across the Atlantic ~~I didn't notice any vibration in my 723 suite ~~but the middle stools at the Sky Bar (deck 9) gave you a "rodeo ride!" Good friends were in suite 810 and couldn't sleep/bathe, etc. ~~vibration was much worse on the upper decks, forward.

After the Odyssey World Cruise and the Japanese charter for 2 weeks I believe the Odyssey goes into drydock ~~hopefully the problems will be solved/fixed.

I heard the Regent Navigator is gorgeous and back from drydock....

the ship had the same vibrations ~~~

Happy 2010 to all!

Martita B

We (Dave and I) will be on the LA to Tahiti. Having done the Society Islands 5 times on the Paul Gauguin we felt we could tear ourselves away after 16 days. As to the vibration problem, the first poster who wrote of this mentioned decks 8,9, and 10 with special attention to the suites. I am usually so happy to be at sea on Seabourn that I try to down play any irritations. Lets hope!! Maxine

Vibration is now being talked about openly on this board. It appears to be speed related and probably was more obvious on the crossing than in the Med. The World cruise has some significant blocks of sea days from my view point the best parts of the cruise but I imagine that they will running a highish speeds. Seabourn should now come clean about the issue and how it will be managed on the World cruise unless it can be fixed in advanced.

Their choices seem to be to run at higher speeds during the day and slower at night thus eleviating vibration at night or cut down time in ports or miss a port to allow for cruising at speed where vibration is not so intrusive. There are going to be some unhappy passengers if the vibration is as bad in some areas of the ship as has been suggested and sleep is disturbed.

Yes Martha,I understand that the Navigator has had some length added to the underneath of the ship at the rear and new props fitted. it has now fixed the vibration problem that it always had.

I went to the Regent board and have read all the posts I can find that talk about the recent Navigator drydock. I don't find anywhere reference to this fix. Would you mind sharing were you you heard/saw this? Thanks

Archived