Non-formal nights - Early May Cruise

azldw

Sailing May 1 on a 10-day Eastern Mediterranean cruise. Just realized that I had planned on wearing a couple different sleeveless dresses at dinner. (Not sundresses). Will this be appropriate or will everyone else be in long sleeves?

And as long as I'm asking - will capris be appropriate for onshore trips?

Thanks in advance!

Sleeveless dresses are fine, but a pashmina, shrug, etc. may be needed if the dining room or restaurant is cool.

Capris are fine for your shore excursions, with one caveat - some places require the knees and shoulders to be covered, such as St.Peters. I would guess this also holds true for Muslim places of worship, like the Blue Mosque. It all boils down to respect for the culture.

Have a great cruise!! May's a great time to go- we're leaving two weeks after you.

Whew! Thank you - I was afraid I'd have to start all over with my cruise wardrobe :)

That's why those little shawls are nice b/c you can throw one over your shoulders or in your bag and be prepared for anything...also lightweight and flat so they fit in your suitcase without adding bulk or weight.

Archived