Stingrays only?

karen11g

I've seen recommendations for Cayman tours (Marvin's, Nativeway, Bryan's, etc.) and they all seem to combine stingrays with something.

My husband is interested in spending a little more time with the stingrays and not so interested in other snorkeling or activities.

Anybody know of a reputable tour company that will do only a stingray city stop?

I tried to find this also, but had no luck. I don't snorkel and really just wanted to spend time with the stingrays. I finally broke down and booked with Moby Dick. I am so glad we did. They took us to the snorkel site first. Stayed about 45 minutes, then went to the stingrays. (The snorkel site and the stingrays are very close, so it only took about 5 minutes to move from one to the other.) We stayed at the stingray sandbar longer, not sure how long, but had plenty of time. Everyone had the chance to interact with the stingrays. The crew even got in the water with us and helped us. It was great. After the tour they dropped us off at Sea Grape/Seven Mile Beach. We had about 1 1/2 hours there and easily made it back to the tender. I highly recommend Moby Dick.

Captain Marvin's was great - we did them in January. There were 2 snorkle stops and then the stingrays on our tour, and it was quite fun. They were very helpful and made the trip fun. You get about 20 minutes at each location.

The nice thing was that we were at the stingray bar prior to the cruiseship tours showing up. We had about 15 people on our boat, while the cruise tour boat had about 100.

I wouldn't hesitate booking Captain Marvins again.

Archived