Belize Cave Tubing with Major Tom - How Long?

jkerstie

Hello all! We will be crusing on the Legend next week!! Yea! This is my first post. We need to know about how long it takes to go cave tubing with Major Tom in belize? My son needs to take an exam online for a National Academic contest during the afternoon of our day at this port. Has anyone been on this tour that could give me about how long it took them to leave and return to the tender spot? We dock at 8:00 a.m. I realize the time will vary but this will help me determine a time window to give the test givers. I did send a note to Major Tom but have yet to hear back. Thanks!

Hi, and welcome to Cruise Critic! You might check the Belize board under "Ports of Call" as well. We went with Major Tom last year, and it's an all-day excursion. We sailed at 4:00, with the last tender at 3:30, and I think we were back at the port at 3:00.

You meet Major Tom at about 9:30 in the tourism village. The bus leaves about 10:15. It takes about an hour to get to the caves. You spend about 2 1/2 hrs there and an hour on the return. Very nice and helpful guides. The only negative is the school bus transportation. But it is still a fantastic trip. Well worth the $$

Mark

My advice...don't absolutely, positively, kill yourself...to be on the very first tender off the ship. We were...per Major Tom's urgings...and we sat around for hours...waiting for other tenders to come in after us...then finally...left for the tour. We had a great time. Just waited....way too long! Oh, and the tender line does get long...going back to the ship. Just try to make the best of it!

My advice...don't absolutely, positively, kill yourself...to be on the very first tender off the ship. We were...per Major Tom's urgings...and we sat around for hours...waiting for other tenders to come in after us...then finally...left for the tour. We had a great time. Just waited....way too long! Oh, and the tender line does get long...going back to the ship. Just try to make the best of it!

How long did you have to wait? Were you able to shop during that time?

Archived