Italy/Eastern Mediterranean Cruisetour

We’ll be on the Navigator in July for the Italy/Eastern European cruisetour.

Does anyone have a review or tips?

What currency is used to tip room service, U.S or Euros?

We’re coming from Canada. RCI is charging us twice what I would pay on Expedia for flights. Since the tour part is before the cruise, I don’t see any danger in booking flights myself. Are there any?

If we book our own flights, is it worth it to get transfers from RCI ($186 per person for both transfers – Venice airport to hotel and from ship to Rome airport)?

The currency in Italy and Greece is the Euro and we’ll have some. For Turkey, it's the New Turkish Lira. I don’t have a clue on how much, if any, I should bring for one day in Ephesus. Any suggestions?

Thanks! :)

We’ll be on the Navigator in July for the Italy/Eastern European cruisetour.

Does anyone have a review or tips?

What currency is used to tip room service, U.S or Euros?

We’re coming from Canada. RCI is charging us twice what I would pay on Expedia for flights. Since the tour part is before the cruise, I don’t see any danger in booking flights myself. Are there any?

If we book our own flights, is it worth it to get transfers from RCI ($186 per person for both transfers – Venice airport to hotel and from ship to Rome airport)?

The currency in Italy and Greece is the Euro and we’ll have some. For Turkey, it's the New Turkish Lira. I don’t have a clue on how much, if any, I should bring for one day in Ephesus. Any suggestions?

Everything on the ship , including tips is in dollars. In Turkey they seemed happy to take euros or dollars when we were there last summer. We booked our own flights as well. The only danger is haveing a flight delay and missing the ship departure. With that in mind we arrived the day before. Have a good trip.

Hi, I'm italian.

I think you could save some money if you arrange transfers by yourself with private taxi service, but the difference is not so big.

Venice: from Venice Airport to hotel , with taxi-boat, the cost is about 134 USD (i.e. 67 $ per person) (see housesinvenice.com).

Rome: from Ship (Port of Civitavecchia) to Airport the cost is about 176 $ (88 $ per person) (see romablucab.com).

We did this cruisetour three years ago...you're in for a REAL TREAT!!! A WONDERFUL CHOICE! We booked our own air (we live in a suburb of Philadelphia) and were quite happy doing so...the guide was waiting for us at our hotel in Venice when we arrived (which was early, about 10 am)...the hotels were all top-notch, we had priority admission to the larger venues (our guide for the Vatican worked at the Vatican and we really saw some of the 'back alleys') and the overall guide was the very best! Our advice would be NOT to book RCCL's transfers (although the one from Venice just might be included in the cruisetour)...we also stayed an additional night on the back end, near the airport in Rome, just for 'comfort'. Folks on our Legend b2b (which ends in Rome this June) have booked private transfers to FCO at very reasonable rates...just be aware that the port in Civitavecchia can be a zoo!

Enjoy your trip!!!

Hi,

For the hotel part of your trip you should use Euros for tips.

For the ports our T. A. recommended UK £ 50 to 100 per couple per port.

We're doing the Ephesus stop on our Cruise and have got £50 worth, but we've got lunch included in our day excursion.

Berwyn and Delyth

Archived