NCL Ships tours Florence & Rome?

Has anyone taken any of the NCL excursions to Florence and Rome? I know that a lot of people prefer to have private tours but, we are novice travellers who prefer to stick with the ships excursions! (We do the "doable" ports on our own, but, ant involving travel use the organised ones!)

We would appreciate any feedback from anyone who has taken an NCL tour. Many thanks:)

We did the NCL tour to Florence which also stops in Pisa. It was worth it if you're not an experienced traveller. There's a couple of different ones. We took the one that gave us some free time in Florence which is really good. That way you get to see the bridge and walk around the market etc. You won't have time to go in the museum(lineups are huge) to see the original David but you will stop at a full size copy.

If you are a novice traveler I think saying with a ship sponsered tour is good. That way you won't worry about getting back to the ship on time. I have used private tours lots of times but when unfamiliar with the language etc, I will take a ship tour. You usually have a better tour experience with a private tour but if you spend your time worrying about it not making it back on time then then experience will not be as good. Either way you will see some amazing sites. Do what will make you feel the most comfortable.

Archived