help on upsell offer

scrap queen

I am having the hardest time trying to decide. Here is what we have, we're on the pride panorama deck with extended balcony.

I was so hoping for a suite upgrade/upsell but not for $900 (4 people). It's a cat 11, empress deck. I really like the idea of a little more room and bigger bathroom. They said they have 4 left. I tried to bargain and they came down $120 (originally $1020 extra).

But those that have stayed in caty 11, is it worth an extra $900???

Any comments from past suite people???:)

Oh also, is there any difference in the room between a regular bal & an extended balcony other than the bigger balcony??

Thanks

i personally dont think it is worth it,

" Oh also, is there any difference in the room between a regular bal & an extended balcony other than the bigger balcony??"

cabins are the same size just the balcony is bigger

It would be hard for me to spend the $900 dollars then. We always look at the different rooms and the cost. If we can take 2 cruises for the price of the next room up we do not do it. An example is an inside room will cost $500 PP and a balcony is $900PP we do not do it. But if we can get a balcony for $700PP then we will usually do it. We would rather take more vacations than have a nice room I guess it depends on how much $900 means to you. Some people that means another cruise or not. To some $900 is a drop in the bucket and they will not even notice the difference.

They called us as well. For the Pride April 11th cruise. We have 2 8G cabins. 2 people in each. They offered us Cat 11 for $350.00 a person. I did not try to talk them down, but I said no. Unless they were offering it for 100.00 or 150.00 a person, it just wasn't worth it to me. Or maybe if I was coming from a lesser balcony. But the added cost (for both cabins)is the current cost of one of our currently priced cabins. It just wasn't worth it to me.

This is from cruisedeckplans. You currently have a 70 s.f. balcony. Cat 11s, may have balconies as small as 40 s.f. depending on which one they are offering.

Category 11 is 245 to 275 square feet plus 40 to 85 square foot balcony

This is from cruisedeckplans. You currently have a 70 s.f. balcony. Cat 11s, may have balconies as small as 40 s.f. depending on which one they are offering.

I never said anything about the size of the balcony, I mentioned the size of the cabin.

However, perhaps it's my fault for assuming he is intelligent enough to ask these questions before saying yes.

Seems nobody else did.

They called us as well. For the Pride April 11th cruise. We have 2 8G cabins. 2 people in each. They offered us Cat 11 for $350.00 a person. I did not try to talk them down, but I said no. Unless they were offering it for 100.00 or 150.00 a person, it just wasn't worth it to me. Or maybe if I was coming from a lesser balcony. But the added cost (for both cabins)is the current cost of one of our currently priced cabins. It just wasn't worth it to me.

Did you book with a TA or direct with CCL?

I never said anything about the size of the balcony, I mentioned the size of the cabin.

However, perhaps it's my fault for assuming he is intelligent enough to ask these questions before saying yes.

Seems nobody else did.

I was wondering too which cabin they would give OP, just didnt post the question. Thats why I gave a range of sizes of Cat 11s, on the Pride. I still wouldnt pay $900 to upgrade and give up a extended balcony, but we only cruise with 2 in a cabin, so its not my decision luckily.

I see now why you quoted me, you posted that it could be a aft wrap and I posted that I bet the last minute cat 11s left were not the few wraps. Just my opinion, no biggie. sorry

Just my opinion, no biggie. sorry

No need to be sorry, just a miscommunication. It happens.

I personally have a Cat 11 aft wrap in July which I paid $1990pp for.

I consider the comfort, and ability to have a group gathering on the balcony, to be worth every penny.

To each their own though.

Happy Cruising!

So the idea racing thru my head, now that final payment is almost due, to downgrade from a Cat 11 aft wrap to an 8I extended aft balcony is not a good idea...? :rolleyes: I keep visualizing that extra $1200. (difference in price for 3 adults - total), to helping pay off my bar/gambling bill...:o:p Am I NUTZ???!

If you already have an extended balcony I wouldn't upgrade. While a suite is nice. You already have a good room so an upgrade isn't really necessary. IMO I'd do something else with that $900. Now if you were in a inside or something and got that offer, then I'd consider it.

We got an upsell last year from a regular balcony to a suite for 300.00 total for the week, not PP. I thought that was a good deal but I don't think $900.00 would be cheap enough to justify it. We had three in our cabin.

Thanks a bunch for all your replies. For right now I'm keeping my 8H. I just got so excited when the upsell fairy called, but then about died with the price. Just thought they would offer a better deal. Oh well.

I think you made the right decision. There are still a lot of unsold cabins on your cruise, which is our cruise, which sails in 3-1/2 weeks. I'm still pretty new at this, but it seems like they'll have to move a substantial amount of inventory in the next three weeks, and holding to such a high upgrade price doesn't seem, to me, the way to fill this cruise.

Are you able to get to our cruise? I was able to view cabins on it earlier today, but now I'm getting a "Wrong agency"-type message. Makes it difficult to get a sense of prices and possibilities.

Thanks a bunch for all your replies. For right now I'm keeping my 8H. I just got so excited when the upsell fairy called, but then about died with the price. Just thought they would offer a better deal. Oh well.

I think you made a great call. $900 is a LOT of money. You could almost take another cruise in an inside for that price!

Archived