Solstice: Sofa Bed or no?

CLEMM

Some of them have a sofa bed (it opens into a double sized bed), some have pullman sofas (there's a "drawer" that pulls out that acts like twin size bed).

We just got off the Soltice. We had a Sky Suite. The sofa was a sofa bed... it opened into a double bed. We had 4 people in the cabin and would have preferred the pullman. My son slept on the sofa (not pulled out, good thing he isn't tall) and my niece slept on a roll-away bed that was brought in. The pullman would have been better because it could have been pushed in during the day. As it was, we had to deal with the roll-away being in the way all day.

Some of them have a sofa bed (it opens into a double sized bed), some have pullman sofas (there's a "drawer" that pulls out that acts like twin size bed).

We just got off the Soltice. We had a Sky Suite. The sofa was a sofa bed... it opened into a double bed. We had 4 people in the cabin and would have preferred the pullman. My son slept on the sofa (not pulled out, good thing he isn't tall) and my niece slept on a roll-away bed that was brought in. The pullman would have been better because it could have been pushed in during the day. As it was, we had to deal with the roll-away being in the way all day.

The regular balcony cabins do NOT have a sofa that pulls out into a double size bed. This is a misconception. There is a trundle bed but it does not rise to meet the top to form a double bed. You can sleep in the drawer or on the hard top... they really should word these cabins differently.

We're boarding the Solstice in 4 days :):cool: and in the deck plans it shows that our cabin(6175) has a sofa bed that sleeps 2....how is it? Is it good to sleep? I love cruising but since I cruise with my parents I stay with the worst bed(usually the pulman over the other beds)....I really like to sleep well :p and never do so on cruises(but I keep cruising since I like it)...I hope this cruise will be different.....because if it sleeps two I will have plenty of space to sleep since I'm only one :D

I'd just like to know if its as confortable as the regular beds and better than the pulman ones...:confused:Thanks!:)

We're boarding the Solstice in 4 days :):cool: and in the deck plans it shows that our cabin(6175) has a sofa bed that sleeps 2....how is it? Is it good to sleep? I love cruising but since I cruise with my parents I stay with the worst bed(usually the pulman over the other beds)....I really like to sleep well :p and never do so on cruises(but I keep cruising since I like it)...I hope this cruise will be different.....because if it sleeps two I will have plenty of space to sleep since I'm only one :D

I'd just like to know if its as confortable as the regular beds and better than the pulman ones...:confused:Thanks!:)

Well, good luck. I was really disappointed with what their sleeping configuration ended up being like. You do not actually sleep together. You can sleep in the drawer (the trundle) or you can sleep up on top. The one does not come up to meet the top portion. SO, yes, it sleeps two, but it sure didn't end up being how I thought it would be. You will not have plenty of space. They are both VERY small beds.

Well, good luck. I was really disappointed with what their sleeping configuration ended up being like. You do not actually sleep together. You can sleep in the drawer (the trundle) or you can sleep up on top. The one does not come up to meet the top portion. SO, yes, it sleeps two, but it sure didn't end up being how I thought it would be. You will not have plenty of space. They are both VERY small beds.

Yep I heard about that I think it was even you who wrote that on another thread but I thought It was the other type of sofa bed....well I hope I will at least sleep a little bit...I still think this ship will be so amazing that the least important will be the bed :rolleyes: can't wait to sail her in 2 days :eek::cool:

Archived