Dining Time - Unassigned?

dgr231

Hey everyone,

When I originally booked my trip on the Miracle for September I chose to do the late seating. A few weeks ago I found out about Carnival starting the Open Seating on it's ships and read that the Miracle would have it by the time that we were sailing. I called my PVP and changed to Open Seating. I got the confirmation e-mail and under seating arrangements it said "Unassigned (On Request)" It also says this under my reservation on their website. Does that mean the same thing as Open Seating? Or do I need to call my PVP and get something changed?

-Drake

Hey everyone,

When I originally booked my trip on the Miracle for September I chose to do the late seating. A few weeks ago I found out about Carnival starting the Open Seating on it's ships and read that the Miracle would have it by the time that we were sailing. I called my PVP and changed to Open Seating. I got the confirmation e-mail and under seating arrangements it said "Unassigned (On Request)" It also says this under my reservation on their website. Does that mean the same thing as Open Seating? Or do I need to call my PVP and get something changed?

-Drake

I wouldn't worry about it too much. There is a change to everything right now and I have just spoken to Carnival today and they said they are changing their systems and its just a glitch. I can tell you that I switched to open seating today because it wasn't available when I booked and mine says 5:45-9:30.

No, it has nothing to do with open seating. It's just the new way Carnival is listing the dining times, probably to prevent people from getting upset if they don't get the time they asked for.

When you book your cruise, you request a dining time. It is never guaranteed unless you are a Platinum cruiser. What used to be listed on your documents as "early" or "late" was still only confirming what you have requested. You may or may not be assigned that time once you get to the ship. I would say that most people get what they asked for, but not all do.

You find out for sure once you get to the ship and get your S&S card. If you don't get the time you want, see the Maitre D' and ask to be changed. He will do his best to accomodate you.

I notice you said you asked for late seating. I think you have an excellent chance of getting that. The early seating is usually the more popular and harder to get into. We have requested late seating on all 3 of our cruises, and have gotten it every time.

Momofzeke, OP said they changed to "Open Seating", from late seating. So, unassigned could mean just that, unassigned seating time since she requested Open (meaning no specific time). Those that are currently not assigned a time show as "waitlisted", not unassigned.

Momofzeke, OP said they changed to "Open Seating", from late seating. So, unassigned could mean just that, unassigned seating time since she requested Open (meaning no specific time). Those that are currently not assigned a time show as "waitlisted", not unassigned.

oops! I didn't read that very closely, did I? :p

OP ~ yes, you are signed up for open seating. Unassigned just means that you are not assigned to a specific dining time and table, as in traditional dining with early and late seating.

No need to call your PVP, sounds like you are all set.

Archived