Live from the Carnival Pride repositioning cruise thru the Panama Canal

lnew1gd1

lnew1gd1 - great pictures. Thank you for sharing your adventure. I'm fairly new to CC, I've been reading and learning and enjoying for a little while. I've sailed RCL but am new to CCL. We sail the Pride in October and have just been soaking up all the info and excitment. :p

My girlfriends and I will be sailing on the Pride on May 3rd and we were wondering where you got your scavenger hunt from? And if you had a copy that you could share?

Most of the digital scavenger hunt was specific to the individual ports we visited. I don't believe that any of them would be of help to you.

I had a check off list that once the picture was obtained was checked off on the list. Then we totaled the number of pics obtained from the list. Only the winners pics (the one with the most) were checked to make sure they actually were taken.

Here is what I have so far, sorry but I don't have the file anymore.

A man in a thong.

A picture with the ships life ring on you.

A picture of you at Muster with the life jacket on

A picture with one of the entertainment personel.

A picture with the Capt, the Cruise Director, Asst. CD, the Maitre 'd, a ship machanic, a crew member painting (must have the paint brush in hand).

Picture of a horse

Picture of a Mermaid

Picture of you sitting in one of the windows in the Sunset Garden

Picture of you with the DOD in a funnel cup

Picture of ice sculpture

Picture of you and Funship Freddy

All Ports photos:

City skyline

sign with name of port on it.

Ship in port

school children

Police officer

tug boat

The flag of each country

How was the dining experience been? We are sailing on the Pride in June. Just heard that due to cutbacks, the wait staff has been reduced and service is quite slow. I am hoping that this is not the case. please tell of you experience overall. Sounds like you are having a great time.

How was the dining experience been? We are sailing on the Pride in June. Just heard that due to cutbacks, the wait staff has been reduced and service is quite slow. I am hoping that this is not the case. please tell of you experience overall. Sounds like you are having a great time.

This suject has caused an uproar on another thread but I will give you my experience. The quality of the food varied greatly. Some meals in the MDR were wonderful and some were down right awful. Couple of us had to send the filet back 'cause you couldn't even get a knife thru it and others had a delicious cut. My DH had the duck one night and couldn't even get the meat off the bones. The service was slow on most days and others it was a little faster.

Our wait staff was very appologic when the service and the food was not up to par and they did their best to make it an enjoyable experience. I did miss the waiters cleaning the crumbs from the table with the little scrapper between courses and most nights the bread/rolls were only offered once. We learned to take more than one if we thought that we would want a second piece.

It seemd to us that the wait staff was a little frazzled and they did not have time to talk and joke with us like they did on previous cruises.

Our steward was the best we had in 11 cruises on 5 different lines. She and her assistant were working from early morning to late at night, much later than I saw any working on previous cruises. She did tell us that they were exhausted and had many more cabins assigned to them than ever before. They had 26 themselves. In one port we saw her and she was rushing to go somewhere. She told us that she didn't have time to talk because she only had 2 hours off and had to hurry or she wouldn't get to see/do what she wanted to while she was off the ship.

I won't say yes there were cutbacks but our cabin steward told us there were in both housekeeping and in servers and that it was affecting the morale and the service.

I think that because this was a repositioning cruise some of the staff were planning on leaving and some had already left (or so we were told). This probably, but is only speculation on my part, could have been a factor in the poorer quality of food and in the decrease in quality of service.

It sure didn't affect our cruise though, we had a great time and loved the Pride.

Living area looking from bedroom door down small hall to living area.

2504845580055441959S500x500Q85.jpg

Desk/TV/VCR/Mirror, in living area before turning corner to bath/bedroom areas. Looking from couch toward desk area.

2647451880055441959S500x500Q85.jpg

Looking from couch down long hall toward main entry into cabin.

2127018720055441959S500x500Q85.jpg

From living area down short hall, door on right leads to dressing area and bathroom. Straight ahead is bedroom, door to left leads to balcony.

2304656610055441959S500x500Q85.jpg

Another view of the desk area showing the left turn into the dressing area just outside the bathroom.

2368013280055441959S500x500Q85.jpg

Hey Lynn---this was my first chance to read all of your review and see all the pics! Really great.

We were lucky that we had such grea service in the DR. And, would you believe that we had our luggage by 1:30p? that's never happened to us before!

I have to agree with you about the lounges and everything catering to the older crowd. No offfense to anyone, but this 14-day Panama Canal Cruise had a very MATURE crowd!! I think this is why they had the big nightly show at 7pm for late seating---9pm for early? I liked this going to the show before dinner! I've never seen this on another cruise!

Oh well, it was still the cruise of a lifetime!! what wonderful memories---and people!!

S & R

Hey Lynn---this was my first chance to read all of your review and see all the pics! Really great.

We were lucky that we had such grea service in the DR. And, would you believe that we had our luggage by 1:30p? that's never happened to us before!

1:30 !! WOW, that's great. Well, someone has to get them early...they can't all be delivered late. I didn't think 5:30 was that bad....on our last RCCL sailing we didn't get any of our luggage until 8:30 PM.....I wasn't a happy camper that night...LOL Was beginning to wonder if they left them at the dock.

Thank goodness I had a change of clothes packed in the carry on for Dennis and me. At least we were able to shower and change before dinner.

• 1 month later...

I loved reading your reviews. It was like I was reliving it all over again. I have been on 12 cruises and this was by far the best. I especially loved the hypnosis show. I never thought I would be up on stage and be hyponotized so easily. If anyone has any questions about the cruise let me know. I can also post some pictures if you would like to see them. Some being the opperative word since I took over 400. I am a little bit of a photo junkie. This will be the cruise by which all future cruises will be judged.

I loved reading your reviews. It was like I was reliving it all over again. I have been on 12 cruises and this was by far the best. I especially loved the hypnosis show. I never thought I would be up on stage and be hyponotized so easily. If anyone has any questions about the cruise let me know. I can also post some pictures if you would like to see them. Some being the opperative word since I took over 400. I am a little bit of a photo junkie. This will be the cruise by which all future cruises will be judged.

Yes, post pics, we love pics!

Rather than picking and choosing which pictures to put on, there were just too many good ones. I had uploaded them to Wal-mart's website after I got back from the cruise. I put the link below if you want to look through the pictures. Let me know if you have any questions.

Here is the website (Just copy and paste it in the address bar):

http://photos.walmart.com/share/p=5091239310580115/l=14487221/g=4359624/cobrandOid=1011/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB

Rather than picking and choosing which pictures to put on, there were just too many good ones. I had uploaded them to Wal-mart's website after I got back from the cruise. I put the link below if you want to look through the pictures. Let me know if you have any questions.

Here is the website (Just copy and paste it in the address bar):

http://photos.walmart.com/share/p=5091239310580115/l=14487221/g=4359624/cobrandOid=1011/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB

Thanks for sharing your great pics with us! Don't have to ask if you had a good time...just have to look at the smiling faces in the pictures to know you did.

I'm sorry that we did not get to meet you on the cruise. As I am sure you agree, it was a wonderful cruise. It was very hard to not be grinning ear to ear the entire time. Although I think when Mark hypnotized me and made me laugh at everything, he made my smile even bigger. Speaking of Mark, I was reading John Heald's blog on Carnival's website and it said that Mark resigned. Carnival lost a great cruise director. This cruise was the trip of a lifetime.

I'm sorry that we did not get to meet you on the cruise. As I am sure you agree, it was a wonderful cruise. It was very hard to not be grinning ear to ear the entire time. Although I think when Mark hypnotized me and made me laugh at everything, he made my smile even bigger. Speaking of Mark, I was reading John Heald's blog on Carnival's website and it said that Mark resigned. Carnival lost a great cruise director. This cruise was the trip of a lifetime.

I agree. It was a wonderful cruise and yes, I thought Mark was a very good CD. He left May 1. Too bad for Carnival.

Hey Lynn,

I had no idea you had done this thread while aboard. Where did you get all the energy? Oh, yeah, I forgot I'm one of those oldsters who were on this cruise, lol. BTW, because of Lynn and a few others, they did keep the music going later in the lounges after the first week.

I agree with what everyone has said about this being the cruise upon to judge other cruises. I keep telling Carnival, every chance I get to please start doing a regular Panama Canal transit. What else are they going to do with all the ships they are pulling/have pulled from Europe and the 2 new ones coming along.

This is the chance to put in a plug for the Miracle Maniacs B2B going first to the Southern Caribbean on 1/30/11 and next on the Western Caribbean on 2/7/11. It is an official CC group cruise and many of the same folks who did the Panama Canal transit will be taking at least one leg of this one, including Lynn. Come on down!

Hey Lynn,

I had no idea you had done this thread while aboard. Where did you get all the energy?

Hey Ann! I started the Live From thread but couldn't keep it up like I would have liked. The internet was just sooo slow and by the time I found time to work on it I usually was falling asleep! Did the best I could though so at least it was something to share.

Archived