Refrigerators on Caribbean Princess

Mike A

Are the refrigerators in the staterooms of the CB empty for storage or are the Mini-Bars stocked for purchase of Beer, Soda ect.?The reason I ask is my wife has an injectable medication that needs to be refrigerated. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Are the refrigerators in the staterooms of the CB empty for storage or are the Mini-Bars stocked for purchase of Beer, Soda ect.?The reason I ask is my wife has an injectable medication that needs to be refrigerated. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

We were on the Island princess and my husband also had to refrigerate his medication. I found that the refrigerators on the Island were not as cold as I felt comfortable with keeping the prefilled injection cold. With the help of our cabin steward the medication was stored in the room service refrigerator and on the day of his injection, I called up room service and the medicine was delivered about 10 minutes later.

Also, the room steward can also bring you a sharps container.

These refrigerators are really no more than coolers. Not cold enough for meds. Room service will be happy to keep the meds in the refrigerator, and will bring it at the specified time to your room. They brought my sisters at 11:00 pm every night at exactly the right time. You could set your watch by them.

These refrigerators are really no more than coolers. Not cold enough for meds. Room service will be happy to keep the meds in the refrigerator, and will bring it at the specified time to your room. They brought my sisters at 11:00 pm every night at exactly the right time. You could set your watch by them.

I got this tip off this board some time ago and it worked extremely well for us. The refrigerators are inside a cabinet. The refrigerator door is attached to the cabinet door. Hence, when the refrigerator is closed so is the cabinet. There is no ventillation inside the cabinet and that is why the refrigerator doesn't cool well. Open the cabinet door and frige. Lift the frige slightly to all the door to unhook from the lip on the cabinet door that it is secured too. Then close the frige and leave the cabinet door ajar just a bit for ventillation. Made a huge difference for us. Thats it! It should make ice then!! It is just a poor design.

Enjoy your cruise....

Interesting! We have always put our room temperature wine and sodas in our frig and never had a problem with them being cold after 24 hours, and that is putting them in warm. Hummmmmmmmmmmm I wonder if some of the frig's work better than others as we have just never had a problem with them.

I got this tip off this board some time ago and it worked extremely well for us. The refrigerators are inside a cabinet. The refrigerator door is attached to the cabinet door. Hence, when the refrigerator is closed so is the cabinet. There is no ventillation inside the cabinet and that is why the refrigerator doesn't cool well. Open the cabinet door and frige. Lift the frige slightly to all the door to unhook from the lip on the cabinet door that it is secured too. Then close the frige and leave the cabinet door ajar just a bit for ventillation. Made a huge difference for us. Thats it! It should make ice then!! It is just a poor design.

Enjoy your cruise....

Interesting idea.

I've always found that it takes a couple days for them to get down cold enough and was thinking of bringing some dry ice along to jump start the process

Interesting idea.

I've always found that it takes a couple days for them to get down cold enough and was thinking of bringing some dry ice along to jump start the process

No need, this worked like a charm on our sailing of the cb.... in fact i had read about this several times before we sailed....

Archived