Exchanging money for FP

der93711

I know this question has been asked before, but as we are leaving for FP next week I would like to get the answer for myself.

Where is the best place to exchange US dollars for FP Franc? At the airport in LAX or the airport in PPT? We don't plan on exchanging too much money as we will use our debit card for any purchases. I have heard that there is no charge to use debit cards and using credit cards will cost us 3%. Is anyone sure that this is true?

We are leaving for Tahiti a week from today and all my little ducks have to be put in a row first.

Thanks,

Der :D

The PPT airport is fine for getting CFP's. They open when planes come in, even if it's late at night. You can always get more later at ATMs in various places.

I never actually used a debit card for anything, but then my land experience has been limited, since I have spent most of my time there aboard the Paul Gauguin. But I used credit cards for hotels, meals. etc. I don't remember any exorbitant charge, but then maybe we were just too happy to notice!

I didn't need any CPF until we got to Bora Bora and the Mamas at the dock had some cute necklaces. I just went to the bank up the road from the dock and changed my travelers checks. Now, the mamas took dollars but by changing money I got a better deal even with the fees. I rented a bike but used Visa for that. You could most likely never have to change any money.

Thanks for the quick response. We will need money for the cab and the ferry to Moorea for our precruise stay. I think the bank and the airport will probably be able to take care of all our needs.

Thanks,

Der :D

Archived