Wake View Bar on Diamond Princess

cruiseguy2

Hello all,

In preparation for our coming cruise aboard Diamond Princess, I was scouring over the deck plans and trying to find the best place for sailaway.

From what I've read, the Wake View Bar is very quiet and doesn't get a lot of visitors at first because it is a stair flight down from Club Fusion on the Promenade Deck or walk through the International Dining Room. Perfect place for sailaway, but my question is does it have windows or is it open air/railing for lookout?

Thanks in advance.

Hello all,

In preparation for our coming cruise aboard Diamond Princess, I was scouring over the deck plans and trying to find the best place for sailaway.

From what I've read, the Wake View Bar is very quiet and doesn't get a lot of visitors at first because it is a stair flight down from Club Fusion on the Promenade Deck or walk through the International Dining Room. Perfect place for sailaway, but my question is does it have windows or is it open air/railing for lookout?

Thanks in advance.

No outside area, and very small windows.

Kind of a misleading name. :)

Ha, seems so. Thanks. Any recommendations for a quiet or less crowded place for sailaway? Would be my balcony if I had one on this cruise!

Skywalkers is very quiet if there are no get togethers planned.

The Wheehouse is a great place, the aft Terrace Pool too.

The porthole type windows look out over the wake and you have to hop up on the couches to see out really. Still, it was our favourite watering hole. Enjoy your trip. The Diamond is a beautiful ship, we had a wonderful time. Meg

The Diamond is a beautiful ship. The Outrigger Bar, on the Lido Deck, just up the stairs from the Terrace Pool is a great place to hang out. We were there during sail-away because it is sheltered, and again while cruising Tracy Arm.

Have a great cruise!

Small port hole windows...two I think. I would say that is a great choice to get away from the crowds during the week but for sailaway I would go for something on the top decks and outside. IMHO

Not sure about the Diamond, but I seem to remember that smoking was allowed (including cigars?) in the Wake View on the Sapphire and the smell was quite noticable even mid-day when noboby was in there...

Archived