Nativeway vs moby dick

nypdblue12

Hello everyone:):

Me and the hubby will be in Grand Cayman the week of 4/20 via Celebrity Century.

I'm torn between which tour to take. Both tours offers the following:

NATIVEWAY - FULL DAY TOUR

SNORKELING AT A REEF THEN WITH THE STINGRAYS

A NICE LUNCH AT RUM POINT BEACH

TRANSPORTATION BACK TO TENDER

$62.00PP

MOBYDICK - 3 HOUR TOUR (I'M HUMMING THE GILLIGAN ISLE THEM, LOL!!)

DROP OFF AT 7 MILE BEACH

NO TRANSPORTATION BACK - IT WOULD COST US ABOUT $5.00 pp TO TAXI BACK TO TENDER

$40.00 pp

Basically, me and the hubby want to snorkel, stingrays, eat and spend the remainder of the day laying at the beach. I would think Nativeway would be the way to go for us but I would like to hear some of your opinions. I've heard Nativeway can be annoying with trying to sell you pictures of them taking pictures of us with the rays whereas MobyDick doesn't.

Is Rum Point Beach nicer than 7-mile? Is it worth the extria $12.00 pp?

Thx,

Lupe

Hello everyone:):

Me and the hubby will be in Grand Cayman the week of 4/20 via Celebrity Century.

I'm torn between which tour to take. Both tours offers the following:

NATIVEWAY - FULL DAY TOUR

A NICE LUNCH AT RUM POINT BEACH

TRANSPORTATION BACK TO TENDER

$62.00PP

MOBYDICK - 3 HOUR TOUR (I'M HUMMING THE GILLIGAN ISLE THEM, LOL!!)

DROP OFF AT 7 MILE BEACH

NO TRANSPORTATION BACK - IT WOULD COST US ABOUT $5.00 pp TO TAXI BACK TO TENDER

$40.00 pp

Basically, me and the hubby want to snorkel, stingrays, eat and spend the remainder of the day laying at the beach. I would think Nativeway would be the way to go for us but I would like to hear some of your opinions. I've heard Nativeway can be annoying with trying to sell you pictures of them taking pictures of us with the rays whereas MobyDick doesn't.

Is Rum Point Beach nicer than 7-mile? Is it worth the extria $12.00 pp?

Thx,

Lupe

Actually, I'm pretty sure that Moby Dick will drop you off at either 7-mile or the tender.

I won't know whether they do a good job until next week...

Rum Point is GORGEOUS...I love it so much, we're going back on our next cruise. Pretty beach, great food and drinks, clean facilities and NOT CROWDED. My advice would be to see how many ships are in port that day you are...bc 80% of the pax planning on hitting the beach are going to be at 7-Mile Beach. Where as Rum Point is further from the tender area, more involved to get to, means less people. I vote Nativeway/Rum Point.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that Moby Dick will drop you off at either 7-mile or the tender.

Oops - I did know that however what I meant was I wouldn't want to go directly back to the tender but instead would want to stay at 7-mile for awhile. It would then be on me to get back to the tender afterwards:).

Rum Point is GORGEOUS...I love it so much, we're going back on our next cruise. Pretty beach, great food and drinks, clean facilities and NOT CROWDED. My advice would be to see how many ships are in port that day you are...bc 80% of the pax planning on hitting the beach are going to be at 7-Mile Beach. Where as Rum Point is further from the tender area, more involved to get to, means less people. I vote Nativeway/Rum Point.

Thx for the reply!!

I haven't been with Nativeway, so can't comment on them, but did the Moby Dick excursion in Oct. of 2006. I would recommend them highly. They were very professional, and fun. We had the option of getting dropped at 7 mile beach or back to the tenders. Stingray City was amazing. Don't forget to kiss a stingray! They say it's good luck.............I don't know about that, but it's a great photo-op.

Moby was great for us last week - no hard sell for pictures, etc... Great service and very friendly. Drop off options were 7 mile beach, drop off at Rackman's bar and grill - 2 minute walk from the pier (great conch fritters and draft Caybrew:D - happy hour prices all day if you mention Moby Dick tours), or back at the pier. You have two great options to choose from - good luck!:)

We had booked with Moby Dick, but they did not go out due to bad weather. Nativeway was going, so Moby suggested them. Nativeway does do a hard sell on photos and it seemed the only thing they were interested in during the sting ray part was to get the photos taken...then hurry up and back in the boat.

Next time I will try Moby Dick again.

The crew on Nativeway were nice and friendly, just too rushed for our tastes...and focused on selling the photos.

Moby Dick's boat did not feel crowded, even though they said it was a full load. They did have kid sized vests and snorkel gear and there were several families with children on our tour. The crew was great with those who were not experienced snorkelers; you'll have a great time - good luck!:)

Moby Dick's boat did not feel crowded, even though they said it was a full load. They did have kid sized vests and snorkel gear and there were several families with children on our tour. The crew was great with those who were not experienced snorkelers; you'll have a great time - good luck!:)

thanks so much for the info:D

We went with Nativeway and did not feel pressured at all the buy the pictures, we did buy them, but not because we were pressured. We must have had different photographers. I also didn't feel rushed. I felt like they kept a good track of time. And I agree that Rum Point is beautiful but it was crowded when we were there. At first we were pretty much the only ones, and then a double decker boat FULL of people came while we were eating, so by the time we were done eating the beach was full, and there were no chairs.

I would def. recommend Nativeway, never done Moby Dick, but my guess is that they would both be good. :)

We had booked with Moby Dick, but they did not go out due to bad weather. Nativeway was going, so Moby suggested them. Nativeway does do a hard sell on photos and it seemed the only thing they were interested in during the sting ray part was to get the photos taken...then hurry up and back in the boat.

Next time I will try Moby Dick again.

The crew on Nativeway were nice and friendly, just too rushed for our tastes...and focused on selling the photos.

My family and I just came back a from cruise on the Conquest. We booked thru Nativeway would definetly go with them again. I don't even think we were asked to buy pictures. We recieved a free upgrade to go to Rum point since our family of 4 had not planned on going and the other 10 on the excursion were. Why I ever thought it was a good idea to not go to Rum Point is beyond me. Absoultly fell in love with the place. The food was great. My husband and teen boys ordered a cheeseburger and it was much better than Margaritaville. Cannot wait to go back

When my family arrived at Rum point it was not very crowded. We were able to get chairs. But while there one excursion boat came in loaded. They left while we were still there. I think we were there about 2 hours. I don't think that we did not spend a lot of time doing the snorkling because the current was very strong. And most of the group was ready to go. So we might have had extra time at Rum Point. :p

When my family arrived at Rum point it was not very crowded. We were able to get chairs. But while there one excursion boat came in loaded. They left while we were still there. I think we were there about 2 hours. I don't think that we did not spend a lot of time doing the snorkling because the current was very strong. And most of the group was ready to go. So we might have had extra time at Rum Point. :p

Sounds good:)!!!

I enjoy snorkeling but I also wouldn't mind if it were cut short for more beach time at Rum Point!!! Either way, I'm looking forward to it!!:D

Thx again,

Lupe

Archived