Princess Elite Status and more...

lkclossen

Thanks in advance for you kind consideration to my questions.

We were fortunate to fall into a special deal on the 14 night Pacific Princess sailing to Alaska this fall. When we booked we were upgraded from our Platinum membership to the Elite membership. Although the brochure outlines what we will be upgraded to I am not sure exactly how we use it. Such as Deluxe Canap'es. Do you have to order them or do they just show up? Is is once during the cruise or just on certain days? Traditional afternoon tea?? Same questions. What are the upgraded stateroom amenities? Something really great? How does the mini bar set up work? We don't drink alcohol.

Then there is the tuxedo matter. Has anyone rented a tux on board? Worth the time and effort? We like to dress for formal nights and now that you have to pay to check bags it seems almost more economical to rent a tux instead of hauling all the stuff from home.

These and many more questions are roaming endlessly in my head. You would think after 20+ cruises I would know the answers!!

We have been Elite with Princess and we do enjoy the amenities. You will get a free mini-bar set-up and it will already have the booze when you arrive. If you do not like the selection there will be a letter in your cabin telling you to call room service and change some of the mini-bottles for those that you prefer for no charge. As to the deluxe canapes (they are really good) your steward should leave you an order card the night before formal nights which you complete and hang on your door. The form is a menu of available treats and you just indicate how many of each (there is a limit). They will be delivered to your cabin late in the afternoon of the formal nights at a time you select on the form. As to Tuxes, I take my own and personally would not pay to rent. These days, a majority of men wear suits. There should be a letter in your cabin (when you arrive) that explains all the various benefits.

Hank

Archived