disney and a royal cruise?

my mom was looking into staying at the one government hotel in orlando for 4 days so we can try disney again since its been a while, we are looking to do this in august of this year, we also want to add on a 4 day cruise on the monarch from port canaveral. has anyone everdone this? could rccl arrange arrangments from the hotel to the port? because we would need them after the cruise to the airport.

we did disney world four days with a rental car and took it to port canaveral when we cruised sovereign of the seas for four days cost us 48 dollars to park the car and was a lot better than a shuttle. this is the way we do disney now! we go to disney 4 days then we sail a 4 day then take one extra day to fly home hope this helps you can also google shuttle service for port canaveral good luck!

I agree with realtreebar that working out your own arrangements between Orlando and the ship is probably the easier way to do it. The rental car would allow you to get around in Orlando, to the cruise, and back to the airport. There are often good car rental specials in Florida.

We drove to FL and then a 5 night Grandeur and then 3 nights over in WDW staying on property. It was a real nice extra long week over the holidays. I'd do it again when I get a chance.

Enjoy the cruise.

we did disney world four days with a rental car and took it to port canaveral when we cruised sovereign of the seas for four days cost us 48 dollars to park the car and was a lot better than a shuttle. this is the way we do disney now! we go to disney 4 days then we sail a 4 day then take one extra day to fly home hope this helps you can also google shuttle service for port canaveral good luck!

Parking at the port is $15.00 a day. Isn't it? if not ,then keeping the rental for the # days you mention makes sense, but if not returning make better sense.

We did Disney prior to a 7 day cruise. We took a full day off of Disney to allow for driving time to Miami the day before the cruise and to relax prior to boarding. While I love Disney, we found you needed a little break from all the walking around the parks. We were refreshed for our cruise. Post cruise we used a transfer from Royal to get us to the airport as we flew out the same day. Enjoy!

Lisa

My TA suggested that we take Disney's Magic Express from airpot to Disney resort than take it back to airport and take Royals transfers to the ship. Disney's Magic Express is free.

Just to add....Disney's Magical Express is only available if you're staying at one of the onsite Disney resorts. :)

Archived