Group booking...no more than one person in a 1A?

Jeanne B

I called the group booking department yesterday...wanted to book cabin 2334 on the Destiny and I was told if I wanted to book 2 people in that cabin I had to go through regular reservations, which I don't want to do because then I lose the ship board credit included in the group booking.

Can anyone explain the logic behind why they won't let you book 2 people in that cabin through the group dept?? I'm not certain yet if DD15 is going on the cruise, if I knew I was traveling solo it wouldn't be an issue.

I was told the same thing, that I could book the 1A at full price and transfer it in. You wouldnt get the same discount as the group. Iv seen that on CC group prices too. Hard decision. I just also found out last night that 1A doesnt qualify for the welcome back $50 discount, which my PVP promised me.

Carnival evidently thinks the 1A prices are so cheap, that you should just pay full price. My issue is I can pick a high deck 1A and cant on the early saver 4A prices, you have to pay to go up each deck, no free upgrades with early saver.

Thanks for the info everyone, I'll try booking it individually and then transferring.

What are the others in your group doing.:confused: Are you part of a group or sailing with just one other person. Two people do not make up a group.

I understand that, this is a group booking, as far as I know there will be a dozen or so people going, a friend of mine has arranged it. I'm just trying to book my cabin for DD and I.

Archived