Babysitting on HAL

calikak

Anyone know what the age limit is for babysitting on HAL? The HAL website isn't clear on that--it mentions group sitting in Club HAL (which I know would be for age 3 and up) but then in the part about ordering diapers and baby food, it also mentions babysitting there. I found an article on the CNN website that made it sound like in-cabin sitting is usually available (depending on staff availability) for kids under 3, but the article was a few years old.

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows!

I am about to answer my own question, I hope!

I just called HAL and they said there is no age limit on the in-cabin babysitting service. It's $8 an hour, and the woman said it's voluntary for staff to do it, so they can't guarantee availability, and to ask about availability at the purser's desk right after you board.

• 3 weeks later...

We just wrapped up a trip on HAL Westerdam last month. Club HAL is for kids 3-12 (must be potty trained) and they provide "sitting" for kids from 10p-midnight at $5/kid/hour...that is different from the in-room sitting, but for "older" kids is an option.

We didn't use the in-room sitting, or the late-night HAL sitting, but we could've had we not been so exhausted from all of our fun activities and eating about 1000 extra calories/day!

Archived